Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!
First post :)

I have a 03 MDX touring. The nav screen has said "please check disc" since I bought it. But the back up camera still worked so I was okay with it. I stupidly didn't try reinstall nav before I replaced the factory stereo with a pioneer doubled din touch screen. I tried to look through the threads but didn't see this particular situation. So I apologize if it's already been addressed! So anybody know how off it's possible to put the software on without having the OEM radio?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thinking of doing the same but idk if you can use the oem back up camera with aftermarket stereo, Can it be done so or not?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, you can use the OEM back up camera and use an aftermarket radio. You have to keep the navigation unit installed under the passenger seat for the screen to still work. I use the top screen for a/c control, trip computer and back up camera nothing else still works.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, you can use the OEM back up camera and use an aftermarket radio. You have to keep the navigation unit installed under the passenger seat for the screen to still work. I use the top screen for a/c control, trip computer and back up camera nothing else still works.
My backup camera works but otherwise it says check disc. I have no ac control. I have a disc in it from when I bought it but it's old. If I got the newest version do you think the AC controls would be restored and possibly the nav?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts