Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I am new to forum. I have 2016 MDX SH AWD Advance w/entertainment.
Recently, I have noticed the rear AC come out w/warm air instead of cold when temperature set at 70F.
If i lower it to 68F, cold air will blow out. I took it to DCH Tustin when I had oil changed today. It turned out that service advise told me all other MDX in the lot has the same problem. I feel not right with this.

Anyone experience with the same issue i have?

Any advise? Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have owned 7 Acura's since 2007 and i wish I could have $100 for each time they have told me all the cars on the lot do the same thing. I have one right now that has 3 things wrong with it and all three are common problems where I have been told the same thing. Last Acura for me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Too bad... I have to lower temperature to 65-62F to keep rear seat cool... This is my first Acura and probably the last one since 1. I have been told tramission jerk is a common problem and dealer tech told me to drive more aggressively due to 9 speed tranny behavior.. Omg....
2. Rear AC doesn't work properly... With 70F setting that blow out warm air.. The problem just like what other MDX they have in the lot! ORZ..,,
3. Touch monitor isn't operate properly.. Sometimes gets freeze... One you turn off and restart the vehicle it works again! After diagnosed by dealer, they claimed it's normal.... Omg again..

I like MDX and truly hope Acura knows how to deal with all issues I have or we have.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I don't see this as much of an issue at all. If the setting for the rear air doesn't result in the desired comfort level then just turn it up or down to suit. That's why there's an adjustment.

I honestly don't know exactly how this area works for balancing front and rear a/c to any precision. In the 3rd gen MDX there's only a single evaporator, unlike some other vehicles (and I think previous gen MDXs that have 2 evaporators), that cover both the front and rear zones. This means the rear a/c is tied somewhat to what the front a/c is doing. It could be that when the front is at the target 70 point the rear has to be set somewhat lower than that to be effective.

OTOH maybe you're saying the rear won't blow cold at all unless it's set to lower than 70 even if the interior is at 100. Is that what you're saying?

My rear a/c is set to 70 as is my front but I never ride back there so I don't really know if it blows cold when set to 70. I'll check on this at some point.

Here's some detail on this a/c system -

One HVAC system covers three zones on 2014 Acura MDX - SAE International

1 - 6 of 6 Posts