Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's getting close to summertime folks. How about a group special on the custom fit reflective sunshield inserts for your windshield, that protects the dash anf front seating areas?? These typically run about $30.

Any takers?? Tim can we get a deal on these??

2002 Redrock Touring.....'Boards, Cargo Tray / Net, Bike Racks, Rear guards

·
Registered
74 Posts
Count me in :)

·
Registered
285 Posts
live in texas... sunshade a must (all year long)... count me in....

·
Registered
124 Posts
Count me in for one as well. A must in Austin, Texas.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Live in Texas ...

... already have one.

Axxis from regular stores like Target and WalMart. Same color as our Saddle interior with a velcro strap.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Re: Live in Texas ...

msu79gt82 said:
... already have one.

Axxis from regular stores like Target and WalMart. Same color as our Saddle interior with a velcro strap.
pictures or prices? thanks...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Reflective Sunshield

I was in Costco last week and saw a beige colored sunshield that folded up nicely with a velcro strap. It had the silver foil front side that faces the outside and had the suction cups to stay in place on the window. It was very well made and was only $8.99!
Unfortunately I have a black interior and did not want the beige colored sunshield. But it is worth looking into for all those who have the saddle interior, it would look great.

Larry
(hopefully they just ran out of stock for the black or dark gray sunshields-if anyone notices one in costco let me know!)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Unfortunately, we don't have Costco in this part of the country (yet). Just BJ's and Sam's Club. I can check both of those. How well does the one you purchased fit??

·
Registered
285 Posts
Re: Reflective Sunshield

larryhot13 said:
I was in Costco last week and saw a beige colored sunshield that folded up nicely with a velcro strap..... It was very well made and was only $8.99!.....
thanks, Larry.... we do have costco here, but i don't have the membership.....:( will check out target and walmart/sam's club though this weekend....

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Re: Pics and Prices

Still waiting on a digital camera for pictures.:rolleyes:

As far as prices it was under $20 (for the large) at Walmart / Target. It is the accordian style, dull gray on one side, shiny reflective silver on the other; with various colored fabric trim around the edges. We got the "beige" one which is almost identical to the Saddle interior. It comes with a velcro strap attached to secure it when folded. We were pretty impressed for the price.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Costco Sunshade

went back to Costco, they had the black/gray shade in stock. Very impressive/well made for $8.79!
Its a name brand sunshield (KUHL) and is very stylish. Only problem is that the only size they have is JUMBO, which is the size recommended on the back panel for the MDX, but it is not a perfect fit. It is a little bit bigger than the size of the windshield, so you have to keep it folded like an accordian a bit to fit. But it does look nice, front and back.
Larry

·
Registered
161 Posts
Costco sunshade

I tried the Costco sunshade awhile ago. Did not like the fit. It was too big for the X's windshield. It's a well-made shade and the beige one matched well with the saddle interior in our X. I've been using the old spring shades that I used for our old Honda Odyssey for now.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
AXIUS

The correct spelling for the shades I refered to earlier is - Axius.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Custom Fit

I'm with Roadrunner. I'd rather wait for a custom fit, if they can be found. I have one for my wife's Accord and a perfect fit makes a big difference.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts