Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought it would be fun to hear from other owners of Redrock Pearl. Share your experiences and expectations and any comments that you may have now in retrospect . . .

As for me, it was 8 weeks from day of order to the day I took delivery, utilizing 2 different dealers and a broker. It seems that all the other colors were coming in at a higher frequency than RR. I actually had a chance on 3 RRs, and missed out on 2 others before getting the one I have now. I like the fact that at least in southern cal, I have yet to see another RR on the road ! Tons of Silver and Black ones, but that is to be expected. I think I would have waited another 8 weeks just to get the right RR ! :2: :2: :2:

·
Registered
23 Posts
waiting...

for my RR. Build date 6/18 - yeehaw! I fell in love with this color on my demo drive. I think it gives the vehicle a much sportier (less minivan) look. I ordered the base model after reading how lame the Bose audio system and the roof racks were. I'll add my own sound system and a Yakima/Thule hybrid rack system.

Check out the sweet beach pictures of a RR at Hattaras - search under "windsurfing trip".

·
Registered
671 Posts
I "fell into" my RR when I was at the dealership looking for a car for a family member and mentioned that what I'd really like is an MDX and was told that they had an RR coming in - that was on Friday, the following Monday it was mine! I've had it for a few weeks now and have added a CD changer, side rails, and have body side moldings and a roof rack coming in this week.

·
Registered
47 Posts
We came to own the Redrock in a little uncoventional way. We had an order for a Taffeta White Touring w/Nav and our local dealer kept changing the build date and said they couldn't find one to trade.

Well, after seeing some posts here, I decided to get on the phone and call to find one. Our criteria was Touring w/Nav and any color other than Mesa Beige and Black (my wife's decision). Anyway, I called several dealers and within 12 minutes, I found a Redrock Touring w/Nav in St. Louis. That was last Wednesday; two days later we drove from Memphis to St. Louis to pick up the MDX! The dealer discounted some accessories minimally, but gave us an okay trade (you always want more, but in line with others) on our problematic Jeep Grand Cherokee.

We really like the Redrock and I can't wait to install all the other goodies I bought from Tim!

Cheers! :7:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts