Votes: 19 47.5%
  • Nighthawk

Votes: 21 52.5%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided to buy an MDX and am torn between colors. Should it be RedRock or Nighthawk? I've seen the black many times (looks good, but worried about keeping it clean, and I'm in a hot climate -- I've also never had a black car), but no dealer in the area has a RedRock, and I haven't seen one on the road. I'm hesitant to buy a color I haven't seen, but the RedRock pix look sharp. I need a little guidance!

Thanks!

TigerX:D

P.S. This is my first post, so hopefully I won't mess it up!

·
Registered
671 Posts
I vote for Red Rock - but I'm a tad biased! You can search the forum to find other comments on black being hot and hard to keep clean, but you will probably get the one that you like the best no matter what.

You can also find some pics in the gallery section.

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
Nighthawk....ehhh my personal preferance :)

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I can't vote on this one.

Although I own a black I like redrock also. A tie for me.

I was concerned about the heat but the MDX has an unbelievable cooling system. Cools down really fast.

If you are in a hot climate it probably does not rain much. I use a California Duster to eliminate dust and it does a great job in about two minutes.

Not sure that red would be noticeably cooler, both are dark and tend to get warmer in the hot sun. I think tinting does help.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
DaleB said:
I hate to say it, but black (clean that is) even makes an ML look better!
Dale, off topic, but I just installed a Formfit. Speaking of clean, do you remove yours every time you wash/wax.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
I had one coat each of Z1 and Z2 when I put on the Form Fit.
I have not taken it off since. I wipe the area with a very thin cloth with just some Z2. I squeeze it in gently with a plastic ruler and wipe it around as best I can.
I am sure I am not catching every part, but I don't like the idea of taking the deflector off and on because the mounting holes have to start getting larger over time. I did strip out one screw under the hood on the drivers side.
I have not tried to fix that yet. I really should but it seems to be very secure even without it.
I might take it off every few months and do a more thorough job. I figure at worst it wont have the same the gloss as the rest of the paint, but it should not be damaged with the amount of washing and light polishing it does get.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
TigerX said:
Should it be RedRock or Nighthawk?
Actually I strongly recommend that you buy Deep Mahagony Pearl:1: Or Mesa Beige;) or ...

... or is this Poll for owners of Black or Red only?? In one respect all the colors have their pluses and minuses; are these the only two colors you would consider?:confused:

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Yeah, this is really the wrong question, it should be Starlight Silver or Mahogany Pearl, and we know the right answer to that one! :D:D:D

(gosh, I miss hanging around here. :))

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
the answer is simple . . .

if you want your 'X to be like every other SUV out there get the black - black and SS has got to be the most common colors for the 'X (at least it is that way in SoCal) if you want to be unique and dare I say, nonconformist, get the RedRock - you won't be disappointed . . . (of course, this is a biased opinion) :p :cool: :2:

·
Registered
671 Posts
Some vehicles just plain look great no matter what color it is -- the MDX is such a vehicle, but the Red Rock Pearl really stands out; the Black (when clean) is extremely macho; the White is the 'cleanest' looking; Havasu Blue is the 'newest' color (and therefore probably the rarest); Mesa Beige is the 'ritziest' when clean and shiny; the Silver is the 'classic' look; all others, I think, have been discontinued --- have I missed any? Mahogany was my favorite; Granite Green was very popular; (dark) Green was another of my favorites. Sorry about not using the officeal names of the colors!

My opinion remains the same --- get Red Rock Pearl.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Decision Made!

Well, the decision has been made (and thanks to all of you who voted and who posted replies!). The pick is (drum roll please)...the RedRock Pearl! I finally had a chance to see one live and in person while traveling over the holiday weekend, and the red is really nice indeed. I still do like the nighthawk as well, but the red is both sharp-looking and relatively rare, and goes very nicely with my preferred saddle interior. So, off we go to make a deal...:2:

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Re: the answer is simple . . .

socalJD said:
if you want your 'X to be like every other SUV out there get the black - black and SS has got to be the most common colors for the 'X ....
In my experience SS is by far them most common. I wonder what the actual breakdown is for MDX's on the road by color?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
excellent choice . . .

Keep us posted on your order status - one thing you didn't tell us was which model and if you're going to get any accessories :confused: :4: :p

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm gonna go with...

I'm gonna go with the base premium version, and add BSM's and rear splash guards for now. I'm still toying with throwing on the base roof rack and maybe the rear deflector. The extra toys with the touring packages and nav are nice, but I'm already stretching the ole wallet about as far as it can go(!). This is the first "luxury" car I've ever purchased, but it'll be the 5th Honda product, after a 1981 Civic (that I spent $13 on in "irregular" maintenance in 8 years -- honest), a 1988 CRX, a 1989 Accord Coupe, and a 2000 Odyssey. They've all been super cars, so the bloodline is good for the MDX.

:) :4: :2:

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
TigerX said:
I've decided to buy an MDX and am torn between colors. Should it be RedRock or Nighthawk? I've seen the black many times (looks good, but worried about keeping it clean, and I'm in a hot climate -- I've also never had a black car), but no dealer in the area has a RedRock, and I haven't seen one on the road. I'm hesitant to buy a color I haven't seen, but the RedRock pix look sharp. I need a little guidance!

Thanks!

TigerX:D

P.S. This is my first post, so hopefully I won't mess it up!
I would have to say the Nighthawk, but it does require a little cleaning. It looks awesome when zaino is applied. Get lots of compliments. Check my signature below for some more pic's.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts