Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm reaching out to this community to give me some advice on my situation.

-I took my vehicle to the Dealership when I started hearing some screeching sound coming from the driver side window while rolling it up/down. This was in early May.

- After doing a bit of shoddy work and breaking a few replacement parts(run channel), they said they fixed it.
- On my way back to dealership I hear this wind noise coming from the same window and it felt like the door/window is not air tight any more and I make a U turn and show it to them. While they acknowledge the problem, they ask me to come again next time.
- Following week I take the MDX back to them and they see the problem.

Now its been 1.5 months that they've been holding onto my vehicle and have put me in a loaner. They keep giving me updates on their work but they haven't been able to fix the problem yet.

So yesterday, I went to the Dealership and they made me drive it again. Same problem exists.

This problem didn't exist before they replaced that run channel and did some work with it.

I don't know how to put an end to this and how long i'm going to continue without the vehicle. I suggested them if they could possibly change the whole door assembly if it comes to that but didn't get an affirmative response.

I have called in Acura and spoken to them about it and they said they'll look into it.

At this juncture, what should I do to get my vehicle fixed and back?

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Taking your vehicle for that long is a pressure method.. A way for you to say F* it is just a noise give my car back and they can put a huge FIXED issue on the papers. If you give out they will not solve the issue later on.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Can you take it to a different dealership? Those places are only as good as the people in them. Some dealers are competent, some are not and it sounds like yours is not.
Just make sure that before you do, inform ACR that you are planning to bring it to another dealer to address the issue because you feel like the current one is not performing or competent enough to resolve the issue. Also, is this a new enough vehicle to qualify as a lemon? I know non-safety items are tough to lemon, but not impossible. At the very least, it is leverage for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts