Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 with 160k miles and paid cash (22k /30k miles) 6 years ago. Mechanically has been great and has had all major service done.

Will need new tires, front seats need to be recovered and has a few body dings to be touched up. I’m guessing about 2-3k.

I only pay cash for used cars with less than 50k on them.

Any really long-term owners out there that have faced that same dilemma?

thx!!

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I got almost brand new front seats from US for $500 off of eBay, so there's that.

Rest depends on you entirely.

For example, for me I'm not planning to say goodbye to my 2008 MDX. It will easily last me at least 7-10 years. That's why I can easily spend a grand for paint correction, polishing and C-QUARTZ with no regrets. But to each - their own.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
CQuartz is a ceramic coating to protect the paint/clear coat. Doing the color correction polishes and smooths out and micro scratches in the clearcoat/paint to a mirror finish (no spiderweb looking scratches you see on darker cars in sunlight reflection). The ceramic coating from CQuartz or Ceramic Pro puts a harden shell over the color corrected paint for a showroom shine for 2-5 years depending on how many layers you apply. Added benefit with ceramic coating is you don't have to wax your car, protected from the environment like acid rain/bird droppings/bug guts/oils/dirt, hydrophobic to reduce/eliminate hard water damage, and speeds up car washing. You can also put ceramic coating on exterior glass or rims to help keep them showroom new with easy clean up with microfiber hand washes.

Downsides:
  • cost, biggest cost is in labor for color correction
  • touchless car washes only! no auto car washes that contact the car with brushes because they can scratch the ceramic coating and result in spiderweb scratches
  • only micro fiber for washing and drying ceramic coating
  • never dust, rub, clean the car dry with ceramic coating, need a lubricate to maintain the ceramic coating and spot clean the surface (I have a small spray bottle and microfiber cloth for bugs/bird droppings).
I did CQuartz finest on my MDX and Ceramic Pro on my RLX.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am planning on keeping mine to at least 400,000 miles. It has 260k on the clock right now. Shows no signs of quitting. It needs some body work on the right rear wheelwell and door, but I will take my time... Got to put in control arms first.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts