Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience or pictures using either the Thule AeroBlade Edge 7603 or AeroBlade ARB53 rack system on the '16 MDX? We're looking at getting one of these on our new MDX as they have way more capacity and range of placement over the weak factory crossbars.

I really like the look of the Edge, but there are some reviews of it that say it interferes with the opening of the sunroof on some cars and was wondering if the MDX' sunroof can still open unhindered by this rack.

Also, does anyone have experience with the Yakima WispBar at all?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm wondering the same thing. Trying to decide between the Aeroblade Edge which probably lookups a little better but the the regular Aeroblade cross bar can extend over the roof rails and perhaps carry more if necessary. Hoping for some feedback between these two setups from the group here. Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did a little more research, and the Edge has no more capacity than the factory crossbars (165 lbs) for $300 more...the only advantage would be the ability to slide the bars for and aft for adjustability.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thule bars attach at same hard mount points as OEM, there's no ability to adjust fore and aft.

Aeroblade ARB53 do sit higher over the roof allowing box to clear the rear antenna. They also provide more lateral space for loads. IMHO, they offer better utility than the Edge.

·
Registered
36 Posts
While I can't speak to the '16 model, I have two 7603 AeroBlades mounted on my '13 factory sidebars and I have no issues with the sunroof. Pic attached so you can see the adjusting points on the '13.

-Mojo

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
While I can't speak to the '16 model, I have two 7603 AeroBlades mounted on my '13 factory sidebars and I have no issues with the sunroof. Pic attached so you can see the adjusting points on the '13.

-Mojo
Roof rails changed after 13, now are completely flush to roof line.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Roof rails changed after 13, now are completely flush to roof line.
Yeah, Thule came out with a new base system that somehow clamps on to the flush rails. I just want it to secure my roof bag as I think the factory crossbars are too close for my bag to fit in between them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts