Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received notice of some sort of recall dealing with the audio faceplate. Have to contact the dealer tomorrow.

Haven't seen any posts about this and have not noticed a problem with my unit.

Does anybody know what's up.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
There was a TSB for the radio faceplate, for people whose #4 and #5 buttons became inop, last spring.

Like you, I don't even remember any radio faceplate issues discussed here since then. There's a thread on poor reception.

Here's a faceplate "recall" notice that Ghost rec'd 6 months ago.

I checked the DOT recall and TSB database and there's nothing beyond the one from last spring, tho it does lag by a week or so.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Faceplate Recall

Spoke to my Service Advisor today about the recall notification.
At first, he didn't know what I was talking about. Then he discovered that the secretary was making all the phone calls.

The recall does involve the Audio faceplate which some of you have been having a problem with. Acura is now working their way through the VIN's and encouraging owners to get the modified replacement.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Did this affect 2001, 2002, or both?

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Tim ... Thanks. Appreciate that you're always there for us ... Steven

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Having mine replaced tomorrow, 5/1 . Am reluctent to do so since it has not been a problem, but will do so to keep my dealer happy.

Am driving one of the earlier 2001 models.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
CHAZMAN
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing