Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all - so, I have a 2015 MDX, and noticed my rear inner taillights getting condensation in them. I took them to the dealer, and they said that I was out of warranty. So, I bought new lights, and had them replaced on my own dime. Then the recall comes out. I reached out to Acura/Honda and they were really helpful - asked me to send them the receipts and they would take care of it. So, excellent!

Now, i am noticing the same thing happening on my headlights..... Does anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Now, i am noticing the same thing happening on my headlights..... Does anyone else have this issue?
I had fairly heavy condensation in the right headlight of my 2014 once. Note that I live in an area that receives not a lot of rain but nevertheless it got condensation in it. There was quite a bit of it in there - enough that I was concerned it might damage the expensive LEDs.

I opened the hood and accessed the back side of it, pulled off a rubber access plug, and pointed the headlight into the sun and let it sit there for a few hours which cleared out the condensation. I put the plug back on after making sure it wasn't cracked and would have a reasonably tight fit. I haven't had the problem recur since then.

I don't really know why it happened in the first place and why there's been no issue since then despite driving through downpours on cross country trips. I really expected it to recur but it didn't. I was already scheming using some kind of silicone, etc. to help seal it better but it wasn't necessary.

You might want to try my trick for clearing it out.

Here's a link to my original post for this complete with a few pics -

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had fairly heavy condensation in the right headlight of my 2014 once. Note that I live in an area that receives not a lot of rain but nevertheless it got condensation in it. There was quite a bit of it in there - enough that I was concerned it might damage the expensive LEDs.

I opened the hood and accessed the back side of it, pulled off a rubber access plug, and pointed the headlight into the sun and let it sit there for a few hours which cleared out the condensation. I put the plug back on after making sure it wasn't cracked and would have a reasonably tight fit. I haven't had the problem recur since then.

I don't really know why it happened in the first place and why there's been no issue since then despite driving through downpours on cross country trips. I really expected it to recur but it didn't. I was already scheming using some kind of silicone, etc. to help seal it better but it wasn't necessary.

You might want to try my trick for clearing it out.

Here's a link to my original post for this complete with a few pics -
Thank you for saving me $2,000 + the labor......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts