Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rearview mirror in my 2005 MDX (Touring with Nav/ENT) just started exhibiting some sort of weird....we I don't even know what to call it. The image is below. I'd say its peeling but it's not flaking or peeling off. It's almost like it's losing some sort of coating. Its been slowly expanding. It started rather suddenly and has been expanding at a pretty good pace. Is this some sort of coating?

Do I need a new mirror?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Liquid inside has leaked out
Thanks for the response. I didn't realize there was liquid in there. But after seeing your reply, I did some research and sure enough that seems like the issue. I guess I have to buy another mirror.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Put a ziplock around it and remove carefully. The liquid is very corrosive and will damage interior trim and melt it. You can buy ebay mirrors or a replacement from LKQ/U-pull it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Put a ziplock around it and remove carefully. The liquid is very corrosive and will damage interior trim and melt it. You can buy ebay mirrors or a replacement from LKQ/U-pull it.
Thanks for the tip . I ordered a new mirror from an OEM supplier and will do as you suggest when removing the old one

1 - 7 of 7 Posts