Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was checking on rearview camera for 2014 MDX - to my impression it is subpar with any expectation that I can have for a luxury car. The picture quality is dull, grainy and it can just identify the objects but no finer details to impress upon eye. Anyone have the same problem? Thank you. Sri

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yep, same problem. The quality is worse than other Acuras (e.g. 2013 TL).

On the bright side, it works for me in spite of the bad quality.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I Completely Agree...This was supposed to be my dream car...

The backup camera is not even as clear as the one I bought my son at Advance Auto Parts for less than $100, and I have been trying to get a GPS update since I got the car Christmas of 2011, to no avail. I'm praying that with the fact they supposedly rebuilt the 2014 from the ground up, maybe there will finally be a GPS update because that was the absolute worst GPS I've ever used. And my car is a 2010, so I'm sure it left the lot in late 2009, and they seem to feel bothered by my questions,

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Yep, same problem.
On the bright side, it works for me in spite of the bad quality.
That sums it up for me as well. The quality could (and should - no excuse) be better but regardless, it still works for what it's supposed to do. It's not bad enough to skip buying the car over but it definitely could and should be better.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I think it could have been placed in a better position. I came from a 2011 dodge durango and picture quality wise its a tad better, but it does what its supposed to. Helps you see behind you and it shouldn't matter if it's in 1080p lol.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think it could have been placed in a better position. I came from a 2011 dodge durango and picture quality wise its a tad better, but it does what its supposed to. Helps you see behind you and it shouldn't matter if it's in 1080p lol.

1080P...........I want 4K. :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
The camera on my 12 MDX seemed to be a lot more clearer and less grainy.

·
Registered
22 Posts
On the 2014 MDX you can adjust the brightness, contrast, and couple other features that I found out in my 2014 MDX. When your in reverse hit Setting and it takes you into adjustment of the back up camera. Hope that helps everyone!

·
Registered
29 Posts
On the 2014 MDX you can adjust the brightness, contrast, and couple other features that I found out in my 2014 MDX. When your in reverse hit Setting and it takes you into adjustment of the back up camera. Hope that helps everyone!
Doesn't work on mine. Says something like "Settings not available when in reverse".

·
Registered
40 Posts
Is this on a 2014? Mine says SETTINGS NOT AVAILABLE WHEN IN REVERSE.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Doesn't work on mine. Says something like "Settings not available when in reverse".
When your in Reverse, Hit the setting, camera option, scroll to Display setting and select it to change the settings? I'm just wondering maybe there might be a difference between the U.S model and the Canadian model?

But it shouldn't be, Let me know if it doesn't work ill take some pictures to assist.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts