Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 MDX Touring and the rear wiper stopped working. Washer pump works fine, but the motor won't. Checked all the fuses, have power coming out of switch, but no power to the motor. Just courious if I'm missing a relay somewhere?

·
Registered
6,347 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
loosen the rubberboot at the tail gate left upperside you will find broken or cut off wire check for black wire with yellow stripe also check other wires behind it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sure sounds like a fuse... (owner's manual will point you in the right direction for that).
I thought so too, but none are blown. Also the volume control on the steering wheel now increases the volume when pushed down and when pushed up it changes channels..lol The washer no long work but the front wipers do. Thoughts? And thanks

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
FWIW, it would be the #11 fuse in the driver's under-dash fusebox. Really, all that's inline with the washer pumps is that fuse and the switches (two separate switches). I guess I'd check to see if you are getting 12 volts to the pump itself, or possibly if the switch itself isn't passing along the volts... the wires coming out of the switch are black/yellow and green/yellow.

Not much more to troubleshoot, really...

The volume / mode thing is a common failure - IIRC, it's got to do with a flakey ground in the steering wheel. I just gave up on ever using mine, since it would change channels or modes every time I tried to adjust the volume from the steering wheel controls.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well got half of the issues fixed.. I pulled every fuse under the hood and on the drivers side except for the 3 auxiliary fuses on the drivers side. Those three were buried up under the dash and didn't feel like disassembling the dash to get to them. What I found was this.. None of the fuses were blown, however several were mismatched with what they were suppose to be. for example a 7.5 was in a 10 slot and things like that. I replaced the incorrect ones with the correct ones and now the front washer works and the steering control volume toggle works correctly. I don't know if pulling them out and reseating them was the solution or if replacing the mismatched ones did it, but hey SUCCESS for half of the problems. Still need to check the wiring situation on the back wiper motor to see if thats the issue or if I just need to get a new one. Thanks for all the tips guys..

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Now that you only have one washer motor not working, you can eliminate the fuse, anyway (and yeah, I'll bet that one of those fuses was bad, or just not making a good connection).

Just trace out the green / yellow wire going to the rear washer - they sometimes break up by the hinges. Should be relatively easy to get to the washer motor to check it out, but I really don't recall (it's been years since I sold my '04 MDX).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Now that you only have one washer motor not working, you can eliminate the fuse, anyway (and yeah, I'll bet that one of those fuses was bad, or just not making a good connection).

Just trace out the green / yellow wire going to the rear washer - they sometimes break up by the hinges. Should be relatively easy to get to the washer motor to check it out, but I really don't recall (it's been years since I sold my '04 MDX).
Thanks I will check it out later when things cool down

1 - 11 of 11 Posts