Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished washing the 'X and have a curious question for you guys. I tried to lift the rear wiper to a lock position (like you would the front wipers) but encountered heavy resistance after about an inch off the glass. I didn't want to break it so I didn't force it. Question is: Do the rear wiper lift up like the front wipers? and if not, how would you go about changing the blade? Do the plastic cover have to be removed?

TIA!

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
It only lifts an inch or two. They're pretty quiet about it in the '01 Service Manual, but I believe other threads have mentioned that you do have to remove the plastic cover, which snaps off, in order to change the blade.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
frostyra wrote:
It only lifts an inch or two. They're pretty quiet about it in the '01 Service Manual, but I believe other threads have mentioned that you do have to remove the plastic cover, which snaps off, in order to change the blade.
frostyra, would like a little more info if you don't mind:

(1) Which black plastic part do you snap off? Is it the "little one" over the "hub" at the base of the wiper or the "big one" over the arm itself? :confused:

(2) How does this unsnap? Specifically, how do you get it off without breaking it? :confused:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts