Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear window washer kind of just streams out instead of spraying. Is this normal or do I have a situation :confused:

Thanks

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Normal.

That way the wiper can carry the cleaner solution accross the window rather that have it spray everywhere but the window.
It actually works well.

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
I concur its a stream instead of a spray. Personally I rather have a spray.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Maik! BTW I am big time Raider Fan. we will see your boys in Our House on 11/17/02 "No Snow"

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I was starting to think you were an ok guy...GSD, MDX, but now this!
It is going to be an interesting and fun season, but for me, it cant be as much fun as last years run! I was fortunate to have been at both the snow game and the superbowl in addition to all the other home games.

:2:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, after the Snow Job,:rolleyes: it was all Pats. You truly kicked both the Steelers & the Rams asses but the Raider Game was a gift from the NFL. Come on you can't tell me sitting there in the stands watching the game that you weren't ready to head to the lot for the long ride home in your MDX?!!?! Although it was one of the most exciting football games I have ever seen & I am a lifelong Raider fan, (I was at the the Raider Pats playoff game in 1975 or 1976 that lead to the SB for the Raiders). The Raiders have one more run for the SB before it's rebuild time so it should be a exciting year for both clubs. I am sure our meeting will important for both clubs!:7:

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Yup...sitting in the stands, I was indeed ready to pack it in until I saw the replay. You can argue the rule, but given that the rule exists it was a good call. Also, Raiders did not have to pack it in after the call. The Pats still had to get to FG range to tie it up. After that I never understood why Gruden took knees to end the game. Then The Pats had to drive again in OT. The NFL did not give them the game, they won it!
I will NEVER forget the BAD CALL against Ray Hamilton on December 18, 19776 that led to the Raiders beating the Pats. That was not roughing the passer and that call was simply wrong. That year, the Pats had the best team in all of football and had beaten the Raiders big earlier in the season. If I remember, it was the Raiders only loss that year.

I agree that its this year for the Raiders, but in the current environement rebuilding does not seem to take as long as it used to. Pats were in SB in 96 and then again last year with a totally different team.

I look forward to the Pats vs Raiders game! :29:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The game was over after the fumble, period. Anything that happened after that is MOOT. Sorry Bro but it was a "Bad Call" on a "Bad Rule". :3: At the time Woodson made the hit the ball was back at the body with his left hand on it. So if that's not a tuck what hell is? As the rule reads, a QB can pump once, hold the ball 6" from his body for the whole play without the worries of a stripped ball fumble - he could even drop the ball and it's an incomplete pass. What a load of cow dung! I hold no ill feelings toward the Pats (at least the guy with snow plow didn't clear the spot for the FG;) ) but we got JOBBED by the NFL. It was a fumble then, it's a fumble now, it will be a fumble throughout the sands of time:eek:

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I agree, bad rule. But a tuck is when the ball is held tight to the body as a running back holds it. When Woodson hit Brady, the ball was away from his body, in a position to allow the QB to throw the ball.

In any event....the Raiders still could have won that game, but were not able to make ONE stop on defense. Bad coaching and a lack of team leadership, pure and simple. In a playoff game there is no time or place for any whinning about a bad call.

As an interesting side note, earlier in the season, the Pats were playing the Jets, and during the last 2 minutes, Testiverde was hit and the Pats recovered deep enough in NY territory to be able to kick a game winning FG. Same rule was called, ball went back to Jets who won that game by 2pts.:D

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We will have to agree that we disagree :8:. I do agree that Gru kind of hunkered down in the 2nd half and let the Pats get back into the Game, Gru made this mistake more than once that season. I also doubt the Raiders would have gotten by the Steelers let alone the Rams. The Raiders peaked at the halfway point season, and by the end they were struggling. Even after the "Snow Job" I was happy to see the Pats win the SB, they were a true Cinderella story. It was the best SB since the Rams/Titans SB :21:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts