Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

Rear wheel bearings (2002 MDX)

732 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  djthack 
#1 ·
Hello all. A few questions and thanks in advance for any help. It's seems with this subject there is some conflicting information so I'd like to confirm what I think before I proceed. 2002 MDX installing new rear wheel bearings (will likely do new hubs too). From what I see, the bearing is pressed into the knuckle. It is not pressed around the hub and sold as a "pre pressed" one piece unit. For later models, 2007 and later, maybe it's done that way. My plan would be to simply remove the whole knuckle, strip it down as much as needed, take it to a shop, and have them press old out, new in, done. If anyone thinks it would be worth to rent hub removal tools, I'm willing to try but I've heard they aren't easy to use. So question #1 Opinion. Is it worth trying to DYI with the bearings? Question #2. Once I have brake caliper and brake rotor off, I should be able to remove the hub correct? #3. I read to leave parking brake engaged during the whole process. Is that correct? Thanks again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.