Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, newbie question here.

Wife bought '16 MDX last year after 10 years of Honda Pilot, and she said that her MDX rear wheel /axle / something is frozen or stuck in the morning after touchless car wash (with under wash) the night before. After starting car in the morning, front wheels spin but rear wheels just drag, and then released with big bang sound... after 2-3 times forward/backward accel. (Honda Pilot didn't have any issues with same car wash)

We live in Canada's capital region which is the 2nd coldest capital city in the world. (Guess where is the #1..)

Most night time temperature is below zero (~ -10 ~ -15), MDX is mostly parked in the garage though.
After car wash, she drove about 5km to home. Never uses parking brake.

Do we have to see dealer? Car is only 3000km.
Any advice would be appreciated for any clue or recommendation.

Thanks,
From new to MDXer.org

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Sounds to me like its the rear calipers getting stuck because of water between the pads and the disk.
From your description is a FWD Model Right?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, skirmich,
It is AWD, and thanks for your comment. I suspected the caliper too but didn't understand why MDX only...

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
My TL also gets stuck calipers in the rear if I leave it outside of my garage and it rains.. It only happens with certain brake pads.. I leave my MDX outside most of the times and wifey has her Bimmer as well neither get the tires stuck if it rains.

You must be careful not to drive/move too long on an AWD Model with the rear tires stuck, It will put an incredible strain on the SH-AWD Differential.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts