Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have this problem? My MDX has about 5K miles, and when I went to adjust the rear-view mirror the other day the socket holding it just fell apart! Now it just hangs there....is this a known problem?

·
Registered
91 Posts
hum... if you have kids, I would suspect one of them breaking it and then using elmer's glue to hold it in place...

ok, I watched too much Brady Bunch as a kid!

:2:

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Happened to my Jeep Cherokee. Just go to Target/Walmart, they should have the glue specially made for it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I would take it back the dealer!!! This vehicle cost to much money for the mirror to fall off.

:mad:

·
Super Moderator
1,799 Posts
This happen to my sister's 626.

We just bring the car back to dealer. They put the mirror back in place FREE of Charge.

- JTM

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Absolutely return it to the dealer

This is a warranty issue (unless the kids did destroy it:rolleyes: )

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My kids are destructive, but they didn't touch the mirror (as far as I know!). Nor are they named Greg and Marcia...

Definitely a warranty issue, and we will bring it in. Just a pain in the a-- to do so, and I was curious to know if others have experienced this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had the same problem on my 2001 MDX. (37K). Took it to the dealer and they but it screwed it back together. All under the bumper to bumper. Kind of annoying but no real problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Posted this problem a few days back but it is under "knowledge base"(search for 'rear view mirror') - not quite sure if that's the right place - but anyway, since no one responded I was beginning to think it was just me. Can't remember breaking it though; it just fell apart. I called the dealer and they are willing to fix it under warranty. (Under warranty spells relief). Problem is I've called twice already and they've told me the same thing: still waiting for the replacement part. So to all of you having this same problem, you are not alone. (Yes, misery loves company!) To the rest of you lucky enough to have a rear view mirror that is not facing down, be extra gentle in adjusting them. And if one day it happens, take it easy on the wife(or husband) and /or the kids. Not their fault.

·
Registered
78 Posts
After having the dealer detail the vehicle at 8K miles, I found the rear view mirror loose, presumably compromised when they cleaned the interior surface of windshield. Whenever I went over a speed bump the mirror would come off the mounting bracket and end up daggling from a set of wires -- quite unnerving. Acura service fixed it at no charge with their sincerest apologies for causing the problem in the first place.

·
Registered
77 Posts
i just got mine replaced foc and documented it in the kb. it was annoying that it happened through normal use. now the new one is very tight. one thing i noticed about the one that broke is that it was very loose prior to breaking. perhaps a precursor?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Experienced problem with interior rear view mirror at 4 months. Broke off while adjusting. Dealer is prepared to repair under warrenty but has 3 others on back-order with no ship date. Apparently significant problem with MDX. Too much money paid for problem with cheap plastic part. Consider it a safety issue due to driving in traffic.

TCD

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same problem. My dealer has 3 mirrors for MDX on backorder with no ship date. Acrua acknowledges problem but not sure what they can do quickly. Consider it a saftey problem and my wife is reluctant to drive the vehicle in traffic as a result.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Broken Mirror

My wife was adjusting the rearview mirror yesterday and a piece fell off of the back of it. It was a black plastic piece and now the mirror is very loose, but functional.

Dealer has the mirror on backorder:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
tcraigdavis said:
Acrua acknowledges problem but not sure what they can do quickly. Consider it a saftey problem ...
This IS a safety problem; and a legal one!! I am not sure it is legal to drive a vehicle w/o a rearview mirror:confused:

Perhaps if Acura is threatened with a negligence lawsuit if you have an accident w/o a mirror that they knew to be defective ...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts