Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed over the past year that I have to nearly lean against my 2017 MDX rear tailgate (with the key in my front pocket) for it to open. I've changed the keyfob battery to avail. Anybody else experience this?

·
Registered
962 Posts
Try blowing compressed air into the tailgate latch to clean out any dirt, then lightly lube with WD-40.

Also spray some silicone lube on the weather strips.

·
Registered
474 Posts
The other obvious issue is that the button on the fob , ie pressure switch is defective. This can sometimes be fixed by soldering the sensor switch as the solder joints "crack" from the pressure of pushing the button over time. Gentle touch of soldering iron all that is needed , no more.You can also buy the boards only for the fobs and switch the boards out only from the new fob case ,which should not require coding! The chip is in the key head part of the fob which is what gets coded but in this case you are not using it.

I would not be spraying wd 40 on the fob use silicone electrical grease (Dielectric grease for electronics). you can use it on the internal switches if required but frankly there is no real need other than as possible waterproof deterrent.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts