Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 MDX which we purchased when I got rid of my 1997 Land Cruiser. I own several rental properties, and once or twice a month I find I need to carry something (appliances, 2x4's, etc) that will not allow the hatch to fully close. I tried to do this in the MDX for the first time, and found that the 'safety police' beep beeped 3x, loudly, repeated incessantly, for the entire 30 minute drive.

I called the dealership and they said they could not/would not disable due to liability, and I should be happy with this excellent safety feature.

Any suggestions on how to override/fool the sensor/etc?

And don't even get me started on the lack of attachment points for ratchet straps...

Thanks!

-Scott

·
Registered
212 Posts
Yes, it does that. It is unsafe for several reasons to drive with a hatch partially opened (CO poisoning, load shifting, etc.)
I have a small trailer that I use when I need to haul something that won't fit inside the vehicle.

·
Registered
137 Posts
You can take an 90 degree Allen wrench and put it in the latch on the gate. The 90 degree bend will keep it from falling out. This will fool it so it thinks it's closed.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts