Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi 2014 AWD. 99,000 miles. In the past year, I have developed a squeak from the rear- I think it's the rear suspension. Vehicle rides fine- no change there. When I am going around a curve/corner and hit a small bump, the rear is squeaking- like a rubber squeak. I took the rear sway bar bushings off and put some silicone lube on them- no difference. Also then sprayed the rear links/shock bushings with some silicone spray- no apparent change. Anyone have this issue? Suggestions? Thank You.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My wife has a 2016 Acura MDX. We had a squeak near the rear of the car like you described. I noticed our spare tire was slightly loose and it made a noise periodically. If you can move the tire even an inch, it can cause a noise of the tire rubbing on the under carriage. This problem is more noticiable when the temperature dropped such that the spare would lose a little air. I tightened the spare tire holder so the spare tire would not move over bumps and the noise went away. Good luck.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My wife has a 2016 Acura MDX. We had a squeak near the rear of the car like you described. I noticed our spare tire was slightly loose and it made a noise periodically. If you can move the tire even an inch, it can cause a noise of the tire rubbing on the under carriage. This problem is more noticiable when the temperature dropped such that the spare would lose a little air. I tightened the spare tire holder so the spare tire would not move over bumps and the noise went away. Good luck.
Thank you! That was it. I had pulled on the spare tire when I was under the car, but I guess not hard enough. I lowered the tire today and went to pump it up, and it was 100% flat. I think the valve stem rotted out...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Since I live in the Midwest, it is very common for tires to lose some air when the temperature drops. Many people don't think to check their spare tires. Dry rot and rim seal issues are common to spare tires that are under the SUV. The squeak was a blessing to ensure you had a spare tire that was ready when needed. Everyone please check the air in all of your tires including the spare. Happy Holiday.

·
Registered
2015 MDX AWD Tech-Entertainment
6 Posts
Thank you for this. Our 2015 was doing the same thing and I feared it was a rear suspension issue. Checked the spare and while the pressure was good the mount was a little loose causing the squeak.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi 2014 AWD. 99,000 miles. In the past year, I have developed a squeak from the rear- I think it's the rear suspension. Vehicle rides fine- no change there. When I am going around a curve/corner and hit a small bump, the rear is squeaking- like a rubber squeak. I took the rear sway bar bushings off and put some silicone lube on them- no difference. Also then sprayed the rear links/shock bushings with some silicone spray- no apparent change. Anyone have this issue? Suggestions? Thank You.
I had the same squeaking issue a couple of months ago so I did a good power wash then let it dry. The next day I spray some silicone spray on every moving joint in the rear, but it took two coats to resolve the issue.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I noticed that the rear sway bar bushings were severely shot when I changed mine. had about 0.5 mm air gap on the passenger side. Siberian bushing co makes a set for the MDX, and they are pretty easy to change.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts