Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got new ADS set for the rear and new rear sway bar end links.

Plan of attack:

drive rear end onto ramps
remove spare tire
lower exhaust and let hang
replace sway bar end links

drive off ramps

jack up rear end and put in jack stands
remove both tires
replace shocks
reinstall tires

Sound good?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Why not skip the ramps, jack it up and do it all at once? And if I recall you don't need to mess with the exhaust or spare tire at all. Sounds like a lot of extra work for no reason.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I've done these in the beginning of September. All you have to do is jack up the car, and place the car on the jack stand. Slide those wheels under the car just for precaution. You don't need to go under the car actually.

Remove end link first, and also it goes back in first. For the shocks, you suppose to remove the lower arm bolt, but I didn't do that. It made re-inserting the shocks and aligning the bolts a little difficult.

You should get the replacement bolts.

·
Registered
798 Posts
If you drive up the ramp and place a load on the suspension, you will be removing load from the end links(no bind), allowing you to remove them easier.

However if your car has seen snow or any type of corrosion, be prepared for a b!tch fest in trying to remove the end links. Vise grips can be a lifesaver if you end up rounding the integral nut by the boot.

PB Blaster or Kroil the parts liberally and well in advance before you start on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts