Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you MDXer's have ever ridden in the rear seat?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I sat in the second row also during a test drive and I didn't mind it at all. My wife has actually sit in the third row!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
3rd Row seats!

Actually, I'm surveying who sat in the the Third Row seats.

The second row is comfortable with pretty good space for knees.

However, the third row had me uncomfortably splayed. By the time I climbed out, and walked around for a bit, my normal voice had returned and my wife had quit laughing.

It's definitely for the pre-teen/ petite/ tree climber.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
One way to get more space from the 3rd row seat is to keep the second row at its most upright position and to recline the 3rd row all the way back. I think you should get about 2 or 3 inches more legroom.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
One way to get more space from the 3rd row seat is to keep the second row at its most upright position and to recline the 3rd row all the way back. I think you should get about 2 or 3 inches more legroom.

This is what I did once when I needed to fit 8 people (3 adult ladies in the third row) in my MDX.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: wife in the 3rd seat

That's a good idea....and it keeps her hands away from the controls, especially the radio/cd controls!

:6: :6: :6:

·
Registered
18 Posts
actually i have riden in the back of mine once only, but usually i'd tell the little ones to sit in the 3rd row when we have more people. sometimes they would complain about being too tight or because they dont feel the a/c since it is the summer now. nothing major

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
My wife (5'3") has ridden back there several times with one of the grandkids, and I've (6'4") ridden there a couple of times; not the most comfortable place, but I've ridden in cars with less room!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
to: Frostyra

Congratulations on having taken the 3rd seat challenge.
At 6'4" it must have been a challenge. It really wasn't meant for us taller folks.

We were meant to be behind the wheel!!!

It's a great place for the wife....keeps her focused on her palm pilot and not the the music that I've chosen!

From the Land of OZ :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Me no, my wife yes

My wife is 5' 1" and has no problem at all in the 3rd seat for short trips. If the purpose of this thread is to determine the merit of the MDX's 3rd seat I will offer my opinion that it is NOT for adults.

The MDX 3rd seat is for additional utility/versatility only - kids mostly and for smaller adults on short trips. The seats do exactly what we need them for and we are very pleased with the options/versatility the vehicle provides us:cool:

·
Registered
31 Posts
I rode in the 3rd seat to see what it is like. I'm 5'7 1/2". It was fine for a short trip, but I wouldn't want to have to sit in it on a long trip.

Louise

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I also noted that the 3rd seat was a tad stiff for my gluteus maximus....perhaps it's a design error in my gluts....and not the seat???

:17: :17: :17:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts