Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My grandkids broke the left rear seat heater switch. I bought the switch thinking it would be an easy install. I’m learning maybe not. Can someone tell me how to replace the switch? Oh yes this is on a 2008 MDX.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Welcome to MDXers,

The rear of the console comes off fairly easy. ( videos linked in the HFL fix thread). No tools required to remove the rear cover.

Open the lids to the console, sit in the rear seat and pull on the console, straight back.. It should pop right off.

I can take a look at mine after work and let you know if no one else gets back to you.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Agreed with north, it should come off with some force. I'm not sure how easy pulling the switch itself out is, but I couldn't imagine it's not press fitted in. I'd check, but I can't fit in my back seat right now due to a knee injury...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the prompt replies. I will see what I can do tomorrow. A video would be extremely helpful. Since I’m new to the forum I don’t know all of the features. What is the HFL fix thread and how do I access it?
Dave P

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to Northof49 and conboss I was able to get the switch replaced. Just as reported the rear of the center console comes apart with some firm pressure. The video link in the HFL fix thread was helpful. Once I got the rear of the console separated I disconnected the electrical wire clips. Five screws secured the rear heater control panel. I was able to get that out and then found the switch was secured by two screws. Replacing the switch and reattaching the rear of the console went smoothly.
BTW, Mike Hale Acura service told me that it would cost approximately $300 in labor to replace the switch. They either didn’t know what they were talking about or they intentionally misled me.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Thanks to Northof49 and conboss I was able to get the switch replaced. Just as reported the rear of the center console comes apart with some firm pressure. The video link in the HFL fix thread was helpful. Once I got the rear of the console separated I disconnected the electrical wire clips. Five screws secured the rear heater control panel. I was able to get that out and then found the switch was secured by two screws. Replacing the switch and reattaching the rear of the console went smoothly.
BTW, Mike Hale Acura service told me that it would cost approximately $300 in labor to replace the switch. They either didn’t know what they were talking about or they intentionally misled me.

@daveplum
Good for you Dave.

I'm guessing you are in Canada? With rear heated seats. :wink:

You'd be surprised at the ridiculous over charges/rates you will see from any Acura dealer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts