Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When driving rear seat cooling (2019 MDX hybrid advance) turns on.Is this from a setting in key fob specific? How do I set or reset keeping rear seat cooling off, thank you.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
It is a program that turns on the seat heater or cooling depending on climate control temp and outside temp. I get seat heat in the morning with A/C set to 70 and outside temp in the 40s. I get cooled seats with A/C set to 70 and outside temp 85 degrees. I usually don't see the seat heat/cool feature on with outside/inside temps are close to the same.

You have to click on the seat icon on the touch screen and de-select the "Auto" feature for heat and cooled seats. You have to go into this screen everytime to need to adjusts the heat or cool temp for the seat(s) if you de-select Auto.

·
Registered
199 Posts
This is not related to the keyfob but the climate control setting. Someone must have manually set the rear seat climate controls to blow cold air. On the touchscreen, turn on "Sync" on the climate control. Read the manual if you don't know how. That will set the passenger and rear climate setting to match the driver's. I leave mine set at 70 with Auto and Sync turned on, rarely need to deviate from that.

·
Registered
50 Posts
When I first saw the title, I was confused. I guess you're not saying the rear seats are cooled, because they aren't (they can be heated in the Advance), but referring to the rear (back) of the front seats (e.g. the driver)?
Yes, read the manual because we have our Advance front seats set on Auto to heat/cool as the temperature changes, and yes it is linked to your FOB.

From Page 221:
Using Automatic Climate Control When you unlock the doors with your remote, the driver’s ID (Driver 1 or Driver 2) is detected, and the climate control settings are turned to the respective mode automatically when you set the power mode to ON.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts