Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to buy rear mud guards for my 2002, but one poster said that they are too small to be of any value... other than looks. Anyone else have an opinion on the value of the rears? Do they protect the paint at all?

·
Registered
449 Posts
The rear mud guards do work. I have them on my Black MDX. They are relatively easy to install and it does protect the rear of the vehicle from splashes.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I agree, the rear mud flaps do protect the rear bumper area to some degree.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kishino said:
The rear mud guards do work. I have them on my Black MDX. They are relatively easy to install and it does protect the rear of the vehicle from splashes.
Thanks for the reply.

Where do I buy them?

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
IMO, mudflaps are of value. You do get a measure of protection from road debris ect. And yes, it does protect the paint. :4:

·
Registered
449 Posts
brosenguy said:

Thanks for the reply.

Where do I buy them?
go to www.hondacuraworld.com. Tim is the manager there, also a moderator for the forums. I think Tim has the cheapest prices for MDX parts on this side of the planet.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I don't believe the rear mud guard protect the rear bumper 100%, but it does REDUCE the chips on rear bumper. Plus it makes MDX looks better with all 4 mud guards, instead of just 2.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
I just took a look at the "dirt pattern" behind the rear mud guards...they definitely help. There's no "splash" for the first 6 to 8 inches behind the guards, then some "splash" starts to show up for the rest of the way back, but it's definitely better than having no mud guards at all!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
g_dog01 said:
I just took a look at the "dirt pattern" behind the rear mud guards...they definitely help. There's no "splash" for the first 6 to 8 inches behind the guards, then some "splash" starts to show up for the rest of the way back, but it's definitely better than having no mud guards at all!
:) Thanks, now I know what to expect.
I just ordered them from Hondacuraworld - $48.25 plus $2.00 shipping. The dealer wanted $65.00 plus tax. (although he said he would knock off 10%).

·
Registered
570 Posts
My wonderful dealer wanted $99.00 for the set, + install! Give me a break. I got them from Tim @Acuraworld for about $42.50 (they were on sale)Install took, maybe 5 minutes. You need a "stubby" philips screwdriver or take the tire off for middle screw............

They do better than nothing back there, make the MDX look more even. A suggestion... Put on ClearBra, Stonegard, etc. on areas not
protected by the splash guards. That's what I had done :4:

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Don't buy it anywhere else. . .

Tim's even cheaper than ebay. . . that's pretty good and FREE SHIPPING!:2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts