Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

rear middle divider (cup holder)... how to clean it ?

8K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Irishbastard 
#1 ·
so i've had the MDX for a few months now and from doing my research thought it came with a rear cup holder/arm rest that folds down. the dealer said umm no it's just an arm rest, but after nosing around the back seat today discovered that it indeed has a slide out cupholder. BUT the owner before me had a child who was apparently messy and it's stuck inside the arm rest, my guess from spilled pop or juice boxes. i can get it to come out but my kids think it's funny to push it in. so i was hoping someone knew or has taken one apart before to clean it and have it slide in and out without issues.

i see there is a zipper that goes around the bottom part to remove something... but not sure if that gets me into the guts of it. any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
It is common for the 2nd row cup holder just to get stuck. My 11 MDX cup holder wouldn't pop out and it was replaced under the 4/50k basic warranty AND the replacement stopped working consistently less than a year later. I messed around with it and was able to pry it open. Ended up put a cheap strap around it to pull it open when it fails to pop out. Looks like crap; but, it works.

Reactions: teknocrat
#4 ·
i see there is a zipper that goes around the bottom part to remove something... but not sure if that gets me into the guts of it. any help would be greatly appreciated.
The entire thing can be pulled out with the housing, so you could clean it and put it back. Start with the cover.

Here's a full instruction:

Thanks for the video idea, by the way!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.