Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed my rear main seal leaks or oil seeping out only when the engine is running. When the car parked overnight there were only 4-6 drops of oil on the ground and stopped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
674 Posts
You should have started using high mileage oil a few months back when you started to notice. You can still try now, but it may help or may not help. If it does help, you won't see it immediately. It will take at least on oil change interval.

I started using high mileage oil about 30K miles ago. There is no sign of leakage at the time, but used it as proactive prevention. It is now 123K miles. My 2006 Odyssey, I started to see sign of rear main seal leak so I used high mileage about 10K miles ago. Now there is no sign of leakage. The van only has 81K miles.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
You have a faulty PCV causing excessive crankcase pressure thus the rear main seal leak. It's a quick fix and shouldn't be much $ to do.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You have a faulty PCV causing excessive crankcase pressure thus the rear main seal leak. It's a quick fix and shouldn't be much $ to do.
I am aware of the clogged PCV and I will remove and clean it up but I just replaced it about 2.5 years ago. And 6 months ago I removed and checked it is still looks good and the plastic plugger is still rattling when I shake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
674 Posts
Craps! My MDX does the same thing and more. I was replacing a bad oil pressure sensor, I noticed oil leaking out from oil filter, drain bolt, and rear main seal. I cleaned the oil as much as I could and the oil drain bolt is very tight already. A week later, I still see coming out of the drain bolt and rear main seal. Stuck PCV valve? I just replaced it in the past Summer. I also noticed oil was spewing out from the oil pressure sensor too went I was doing the replacement. How can oil flow upward unless there was so much pressure?

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts