1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2018 Advanced.

I press the driver door rear hatch switch and the hatch opens
I use the remote and the hatch opens
But when I press the switch on the hatch, it beeps once but the hatch doesn't open.

Forum search: Done
Checked settings: Done

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance....

·
Registered
239 Posts
Mine's a 17 and had same problem. They replaced the hatch switch with a new, updated part that fixed my problems. But one would think that the 18's would already have it. Check into that.

·
Registered
272 Posts
2018 Advanced.

I press the driver door rear hatch switch and the hatch opens
I use the remote and the hatch opens
But when I press the switch on the hatch, it beeps once but the hatch doesn't open.

Forum search: Done
Checked settings: Done

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance....
Where are you located? You mind if i'm asking? Usually in the cold area hatch switch hard to open or press. Mine does the same thing but in a cool or hot conditions are fine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Had the same problem here in Prescott, AZ where it will get down to the 20s. Seems to stop working in the mid 40s. Had it "fixed" per the S/B B16-031 in March. Worked until recently where it's getting back down to the 20s and 30s. Either the replacement parts had the same problem or it was never really fixed. I'm hooping it's the former and not the dealer pulling a fast one. They're down in Phoenix where it rarely gets that chilly. Time to start another conversation with the dealer on this one.

·
Registered
272 Posts
There isn't anything wrong with the part,only problem is when it's COLD. Mine is 2016 and i thought something wrong, dealer replaced and when winter come it's hard to open or not open at all.

Due to weather.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had the rear hatch switch replaced again and it now works like charm. Turns out the first replacement used the same part number, which was a defective design for colder weather areas.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I had the rear hatch switch replaced again and it now works like charm. Turns out the first replacement used the same part number, which was a defective design for colder weather areas.
Good to know, my 2019 acted funny this winter when it was really cold in MN, I'll keep an eye on it and if need be have it replaced. Do you happen to know the new and "improved" part # for cold climates?

·
Registered
184 Posts
There is a TSB on it. Look for that and the dealer should be aware of it too. It somehow solves the Acuralink not working issue too

·
Registered
511 Posts
My rear hatch switch won't work at all today (5 below zero right now). I'm taking it in for my 1st service appt this Thursday and I'll see what they do for the switch. I recorded a video of me pushing the switch with nothing happening so they shouldn't be able to deny it.

Does someone happen to have a link to the TSB for the hatch switch being defective and needing a new part for cold climate? I'd like them to fix it right the first time and not require follow up trips if they replace it with the same part that had the problem in the first place

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
My rear hatch switch won't work at all today (5 below zero right now). I'm taking it in for my 1st service appt this Thursday and I'll see what they do for the switch. I recorded a video of me pushing the switch with nothing happening so they shouldn't be able to deny it.

Does someone happen to have a link to the TSB for the hatch switch being defective and needing a new part for cold climate? I'd like them to fix it right the first time and not require follow up trips if they replace it with the same part that had the problem in the first place

16-031 but only applicable to 16 and 17 model years. Shows me the "fixed" switch really isn't fixed at all. http://www.urvi.net/forumfiles/SB/B16-031.PDF

From my experiences with Acura dealers, videos mean nothing and they want to see the problem in person (ask me how I know after 2 years of showing my dealers videos of my transmission chirping). But you can get lucky--some dealers will actually accept video proof.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I had this replaced by the dealer today, I demonstrated when dropping it off and service manager immediately said its a known issue with a service bulletin for it. So thankfully I had no problems getting it replaced in my 19 even though the tsb doesn't specifically say 19.

Time will tell but thus far the new switch seems to work better than the last one

·
Registered
4 Posts
When i brought the wives MDX in for a service the service tech ask if we had any troubles with ours opening as he said he was getting complaints about that. I replied that the wife mentioned one time it acted funny so he replaced the hatch latch. He said that is a problem with them. Haven't heard any more complaints.

·
Registered
511 Posts
When i brought the wives MDX in for a service the service tech ask if we had any troubles with ours opening as he said he was getting complaints about that. I replied that the wife mentioned one time it acted funny so he replaced the hatch latch. He said that is a problem with them. Haven't heard any more complaints.
That sounds like a great service tech, it's not common for them to first recognize patterns as far as if several people are having the same problem, and then it's really not common to go out of their way to proactively ask you if you are having the same problem that others are experiencing.

If all service techs were like that then I'd suspect their dealership scores would go up. Of course that may lead to more repairs under warranty thus costing Acura / Honda more money...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts