1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2018 Advanced.

I press the driver door rear hatch switch and the hatch opens
I use the remote and the hatch opens
But when I press the switch on the hatch, it beeps once but the hatch doesn't open.

Forum search: Done
Checked settings: Done

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance....

·
Registered
207 Posts
Mine's a 17 and had same problem. They replaced the hatch switch with a new, updated part that fixed my problems. But one would think that the 18's would already have it. Check into that.

·
Registered
251 Posts
2018 Advanced.

I press the driver door rear hatch switch and the hatch opens
I use the remote and the hatch opens
But when I press the switch on the hatch, it beeps once but the hatch doesn't open.

Forum search: Done
Checked settings: Done

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance....
Where are you located? You mind if i'm asking? Usually in the cold area hatch switch hard to open or press. Mine does the same thing but in a cool or hot conditions are fine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Had the same problem here in Prescott, AZ where it will get down to the 20s. Seems to stop working in the mid 40s. Had it "fixed" per the S/B B16-031 in March. Worked until recently where it's getting back down to the 20s and 30s. Either the replacement parts had the same problem or it was never really fixed. I'm hooping it's the former and not the dealer pulling a fast one. They're down in Phoenix where it rarely gets that chilly. Time to start another conversation with the dealer on this one.

·
Registered
251 Posts
There isn't anything wrong with the part,only problem is when it's COLD. Mine is 2016 and i thought something wrong, dealer replaced and when winter come it's hard to open or not open at all.

Due to weather.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had the rear hatch switch replaced again and it now works like charm. Turns out the first replacement used the same part number, which was a defective design for colder weather areas.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I had the rear hatch switch replaced again and it now works like charm. Turns out the first replacement used the same part number, which was a defective design for colder weather areas.
Good to know, my 2019 acted funny this winter when it was really cold in MN, I'll keep an eye on it and if need be have it replaced. Do you happen to know the new and "improved" part # for cold climates?

·
Registered
183 Posts
There is a TSB on it. Look for that and the dealer should be aware of it too. It somehow solves the Acuralink not working issue too

·
Registered
131 Posts
I know on my '15 that if it's cold the button is practically useless. During the winter I have to open the hatch remotely or from inside.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts