Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2015 MDX Elite with a bunch of accessories (sidenote: such a nice truck).

I would like some help with what options are available for video playback. I tried loading the USB key with video files in .mp4 and .avi file formats to no avail. I burned a disc and tried that, that didn't work.

I am struggling to locate any information about loading content to any form of media that can be easily played in the MDX RES.

I am leaning towards trying a western digital harddrive that has an HDMI port, but something tells me that won't work. Don't want to spend the money first.

You would think that this new model would make this easy.

Any help would be appreciated. I really don't want to burn a bunch of discs in DVD format that only fit a few videos per disc.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
IIRC, I don't think it plays anything off of solid state media, only DVDs. The HDMI input solution you're thinking of won't work either. It's really just a media input so you need a decoder device (like a portable dvd player or whatever). I do wonder if a portable computer on a stick using the HDMI input and a BT keyboard/mouse will work though. Technically it should because it's just outputting the media through the HDMI to the RES and the RES is just displaying whatever it receives.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the option I am going to go with is buying a windows tablet, loading all the content on their and using the HDMI port. If that works, then I suppose this situation is acceptable. But Acura needs to figure out the way of the future and how consumers operate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts