Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just got 2017 MDX Advance with ENT system.

Here is a problem that I can't figure it out :)

I want to play a DVD for kids in the back and I want the sound from DVD to come out on the a 2 speakers that comes with the Rear Monitor, and I want to use my front speakers to listen to my(adult) music. Does anybody know if it's possible? I went through a manual 100 times and can't seem to make it work.

if it's not possible, what is the point in those 2 speakers? :)

Thanks.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Sorry but cant do that, no way of splitting audio between the front and rear speakers. If you want to listen to music the kiddos will need the headphones for DVD/Radio/XM etc.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that is not good at all. I have 1.5 year old kid, he can't be trusted with the headphones :). I wanted to make my life easier by getting Rear Entertainment System but I guess it makes it even worse at the end, now I have to listen to Pig PEPE and Frozen on the whole car surround audio system :( awefull

·
Registered
181 Posts
LOL, I hear ya. Been there, makes you want to drive off a cliff ;) Our daughter watches pitch perfect all the time on it and I guess its better than those ;)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It so weird that I did added 2 speakers by the display pointed to the rear seats, so that can be easily fixed by them if the would ask people's opinion :(

·
Registered
181 Posts
I hear ya, those are implemented for surround type audio, I have a '14 and have only 1 center speaker. I was under the impression the center/rear speakers can play radio/xm/dvd etc from the rear ENT and have the front play my music but no go.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Thanks, that is not good at all. I have 1.5 year old kid, he can't be trusted with the headphones :). I wanted to make my life easier by getting Rear Entertainment System but I guess it makes it even worse at the end, now I have to listen to Pig PEPE and Frozen on the whole car surround audio system :( awefull

It's Pepa Pig, get it right! ?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1 Posts
What about picking up some inexpensive kids headphones on Amazon. I purchased some AmazonBasics Volume Limited On-Ear Headphones for Kids for $15. You can plug them into the rear entertainment headphone jacks, and the headphones are volume limited for safe listening.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
What about picking up some inexpensive kids headphones on Amazon. I purchased some AmazonBasics Volume Limited On-Ear Headphones for Kids for $15. You can plug them into the rear entertainment headphone jacks, and the headphones are volume limited for safe listening.
This is what I did for my 11 MDX Adv+Ent, over the ear headphones in the phone jack that stay in the MDX. It also comes in handy if they want to use the iPad mini, listen to music on their phones, or having extra headphones handy on a trip at the hotel. Over the ear was much more comfortable compared to ear buds or on the ear headphones. Over the ear does a good job of reducing cabin and road noise so they can hear the headphone clearly without turning the sound up with ear buds. I even take them on the plane because they have noise canceling.

I was able to find some Sennheiser PXC 450 active noise canceling headphones on eBay for about $75 each (reg about $200 new). You can jam out all you want in the MDX when the kids have these headphones on.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Why can't he be trusted with headphones? If he throws them off, he doesn't get to listen. I think I'd go crazy with a cartoon playing in the speakers behind my head and whatever you're listening to blasting out of the front. I'm not aware of any DVD system that does what you want and I've owned a few.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts