Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, this is my first post. I recently bought a 2006 Acura MDX (Touring) that had issues with the rear flip down DVD player. At first it never wanted to eject, I would just hear the sound of the DVD spinning but it wouldn't eject. For whatever reason it eventually corrected itself and I didn't have any problems. Just recently the eject, play, stop and just about half of the bottoms on the left side of the DVD will not register when I press them. The player powers on and off and I can change the input, but the the eject button does not register. I did some looking online and found some "fixes" that included taking out the fuse and resetting it. I tried that by removing the "Rear Entertainment System' fuse and all that did was reset the front radio - luckily I knew the audio code to reset it. The front is a non-navigation setup -which is something I would like to modify in the future. Which fuse should I pull to reset the flip down DVD player? I found another article that said remove the battery terminals and tape them together after having them separated for 15 minutes. Seemed a bit sketchy and I was hoping for an easy fuse "reboot" option. Secondly I was looking for opinions on options for usb ports for the radio. My goal would be to play Mp3 audio via a flash drive through my speakers. I have seen some GTA and other type of accessories that require the stereo to be removed and extra ports added on. I don't mind doing this but wanted someone's opinion on it first.
Thank you all!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts