Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been experiencing a creaking noise coming from the rear driver suspension. I suspect the spring since it only happens when people are getting in or out of rear driver seat. I have lowered the windows and tried listing while driving but it never happens regardless if there is people in rear driver seat or not :8: I have not had any of the other rear suspension issues people have posted about on here, hopefully I am not alone on this one. I am out of warranty and at my last oil change I showed dealer the problem anyway and they offered to spray silicon but it did not help. Any one had this and fixed it? Thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mine was driver seat from a standstill when you accelerate it creak abs they said it wasn't the seat but a body creak. Picking up Monday so will see how they fixed it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
This may sound like an odd question but do you use your parking brake? My old truck would creak when getting in only when the brake was set -- never diagnosed it any further.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine was driver seat from a standstill when you accelerate it creak abs they said it wasn't the seat but a body creak. Picking up Monday so will see how they fixed it.

Hope they fix it and it is an easy fix. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This may sound like an odd question but do you use your parking brake? My old truck would creak when getting in only when the brake was set -- never diagnosed it any further.
I have never parked without the parking brake. I will try it without the parking brake next time I drive it. Another weird thing is that when it is humid or raining it hardly ever does it.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Can you please post the problem and the fix? I have the same issue and haven't taken it to the dealer yet.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have never parked without the parking brake. I will try it without the parking brake next time I drive it. Another weird thing is that when it is humid or raining it hardly ever does it.
Confirmed. Parking brake on = Creaking coming from rear drive side, tried many times on multiple days to reproduce creaking sound without parking brake on and no noise. When parking brake is on 75% of the time the noise is present. Has anyone fixed this or do I need new parking brakes on that side?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts