Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some water intrusion by the rear fuse box. Water seems to be coming down from the Rear MoonRoof Drain Tubing, dripping onto the fuse box. Anyone ever experienced this?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yes. Cover up the fuse box immediately, I used a plastic shopping bag as a fail-safe. It will rust out and the whole box has to be replaced. Mine was leaking for a long time without knowing it and one day the whole dashboard lit up and the car stalled. Luckily I made it to the airport parking lot and when I arrived back from my trip it must have dried out and it was fine. Two places it can be coming from. A weld seam near the drain rail and or the wiring grommet. Once the dealer identified the problem they used some kind of bondo mud but years later it was leaking again and I sprayed flexall all over the area including the grommet. It appears now I have to do that for the other side as well as torrential rains showed another leak on that side.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Trinergy for sharing your experience! I saw your post about the Water Leak. I've already sealed the hatch Left Upper rubber boot (wire loom), as well as the seam sealer crack from the Upper Left Channel. Despite that, I saw water dripping from the MoonRoof Drain lines, directly above the Rear Fuse Box. I will be taking out the rear bumper in hopes to clear out any obstructions from the drain line. I will update this post hopefully soon to let you know my findings!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Do you have any pics of the actual leak - what the fuse box looked like and where that exactly is - and your repair.

Thank you.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I will Update this with my findings.... just haven’t had good weather on my side...
Check your fuse box for rust in the fuses. I put a shopping bag over mine just in case it leaks again after the box was replaced and is not cheap!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bluecivic107

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Check your fuse box for rust in the fuses. I put a shopping bag over mine just in case it leaks again after the box was replaced and is not cheap!
I took out the rear fuse box to disassemble and inspect. There was water in there and corrosion. I wired brush off the corrosion and reassembled in a custom ZipLock bag. For now, I stuffed the area with a couple of rags, until I begin the troubleshooting process...

Thanks again Trinergy for your original post!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts