Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help I wanted to know about changing the fluid in rear differencial. We do not have Acura diller . What the fluid named .May be possible to change it by any Castrol or Mobil transmission fluid SAE 80W90
Thanks for information

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Russia, huh?

Really? How did you get the MDX?

Anyhow, if true, you will destroy the rear differential if you use 90W gear oil. This is more like an 'electronically controlled automatic transmission' then a 'rear differential'. It uses electromagnetic clutches to control the 4 wheel drive. if you look at the fluid it looks very close to ATF. BUT IT IS DIFFERENT.

You should order VTM4 Fluid. Nothing else.

You will need all the other stuff too (air filters, belts, sealing washers, etc) Best to find out where you can get it and have it shipped in. Ask Tim at Hondacuraworld.com how much to ship it FedEx to you. Probably less than US$100.

Heck, I'll bet Japan is the closest to you (of course depends on where you are in Russia)

It's not April 1 anymore, is it?

Ard

·
Registered
738 Posts
valsav said:
Help I wanted to know about changing the fluid in rear differencial. We do not have Acura diller . What the fluid named .May be possible to change it by any Castrol or Mobil transmission fluid SAE 80W90
Thanks for information
Don't bother. It is obviously a hoax, just to waste your energy.

If it were real, this Russian can get the VTM4 "diiferencial" fluid through the same channels they had planned to get the rest of the Acura maintenance and repair parts, including oil filters/washers, Honda only power steering fluid, etc.
"I wanted to know" is an Americanism, not a Euro-English phrase.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
FWIW, valsav's IP addy is, in fact, from Russia. Perhaps he's our longest-distance member :)

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
hondacuraworld said:
How in the heck did you find that out, Worm? :confused:
Next to "report this post to a moderator" is a deal that sez "IP: logged". If u click on it, you get the poster's IP addy (works only for admin and mods). Then I went to the VisualRoute server which tells u the geography/location :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just changed my vtm-4 fluid last night at 7,500. First, it was very easy to do. I got the fluid and pump from my dealer for under $30.00 (If you live in no-man's-land just give Tim a call). Second, there is no way I think it needed it. The fluid that came out had no discoloration and the magnet(drain plug) had no metal shavings on it.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
creese said:
Second, there is no way I think it needed it. The fluid that came out had no discoloration and the magnet(drain plug) had no metal shavings on it.
Totally agree! Every change I've done the fluid coming out is indistinguishable (almost) from that going in...

Nice to know there is no degradation going on, eh?

Still, just like ATF- if you wait until the fluid is brown and smelly, you are damaging the hardware.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts