Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did a drain and fill on a 2015 AWD MDX. The Acura parts dept said 2 qts was needed. I drained 2.75qts, replaced it with the 2 qts pump fluid but it's obviously low.

My wife is ...miffed... that I'm saying not to use the car tomorrow until I get another quart. Is it safe to drive and add it after she gets home? She has about a 60 miles round trip to work, mostly highway.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I would not take the chance... Aside from damaging the rear diff, might be a bit risky for your wife to drive it too.

When I did mine, i had to fill it in until it overflowed a little bit. I assumed that it's better to have more oil in there than low. I used 2.75 qts.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Don't risk driving it when you know it's low. It's not worth the chance of even a little damage. Hopefully there's another way for her to get to work tomorrow.

·
Registered
268 Posts
The owner's manual says the rear diff has a capacity of 2.7 quarts. Unfortunately the guy at the dealership parts counter gave you the wrong info. Hopefully there aren't a bunch of MDX owners out there running around with low fluid levels in their rear differentials due to him.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts