Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

We recently signed up for the 2002 MDX. This will be available to us in Jan. My question is what does the rear deflector help with? We have to buy this as it is added on by the dealer and we have no choice. I was just curious, is it cosmetic or??

Thanks,

Shelly

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Congrats Shelly, and welcome! I installed my own deflector, as have lots of others - it's a much cheaper way to go (you'll quickly find out that Tim at Hondacuraworld is the way to go for accessories). It is functional, keeps dust off the rear window - it also looks awfully cool! If it's a forced option, at least you can rest assured it's worthwhile. :)

·
Registered
241 Posts
You can have your deflector painted!

Hi, Shelly, and welcome to the board!

As with all things, Tim Poliniak at Hondacuraworld is the go-to guy for accessories. His prices are unbeatable, and I second (third? fourth?) the motion that the rear deflector is easily installed at home.

I had Tim paint my deflector to match my Taffeta White 'X. You can see it here and some of the following posts.

--Marne

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tailgate reflector

Hi all,

Thanks for your input. I did go to Hondaacuraworld and see the prices that Tim is offring for the accessories, especially the mats. Seems like after reading some of the posts, these mats are superior to the ones that are available from acura.

Thanks,

Shelly

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Hey Marne,

How much extra did you pay Tim to paint the rear deflector with the matching color?

Thanks.
MDXtrous

·
Registered
241 Posts
MDXtrous: I believe it was $125. Call Tim at 1-888-RAY-LAKS for his current price.

--Marne

·
Registered
580 Posts
Hi Shelly--

Welcome to the club!!!!! I have the rear deflector. I got it because I like the way it looks. I can't believe that they don't give you an option to have it or not have it :confused: .

I had my dealer put on all my options, but like ghost says it's cheaper to buy them seperate and put them on yourself, but I have a 4 year warrenty with mine. So if anything goes wrong it's there problem. Hopefully not.

Anyway congratulations on ordering your MDX. You'll have to let us know when it comes in and what you thing!!!!!!

Lmeans

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
lmeans
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing