Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I recently noticed the rear climate control icon on the control panel flashes on its own. All other icons don't have this behavior.

I am puzzled and wondering if anyone else experience this and if there is a solution?

Below link is a video of it for reference.

Appreciate your feedbacks. Tks!

https://youtu.be/sPPee3hpypM

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Neoshi.

I assume checking the clip connection is easy if I can figure out how to pop the front dash cover off without damaging it.

Maybe best I leave it to the dealership. I will mention this to the service adviser next time I visit the dealership.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FYI. Just in case anyone experience similar issue with the control unit.

I took the car to the dealer and they did a master reset and discharged all capacitors.

The control icon no longer flashs on and off on it's own.

Problem solved.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Based on what you are saying, it can happen again down the road. Hopefully its solved permanently.

·
Registered
1 Posts
After hooking to diagnosis machine, an update is needed to correct the flashing rear climate control. The update, believe it or not, is to the audio-navigation unit via a DVD.

Navigation - HVAC Information Flashs/Flickers
15-036, September 24, 2015

Year 2014 - 15 MDX ALL with navigation

Tool Name / Tool Number:
2014 MDX Audio-Nav. System DVD update (with navigation) (Blue disc) 07AAZ-T2GA310
2015 MDX ------------------------------------------------------- (Red disc) 07AAZ-T2GA320

The normal warranty applies, Defect Code: 03214, Symptom Code: 03217

·
Registered
142 Posts
I had a similar problem where the HVAC controls would occasionally disappear but the rest of the screen would look fine. The TSB software update fixed it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts