Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone ! I have an issue with my rear center console only blowing cold air when the heater is on hi! Front console blows hot hair but the rear doesn’t . Help anyone ?

·
Registered
707 Posts
Need to know what year. If I'm not mistaken the earlier models have a separate rear heater core and a/c evap, while the newer ones duct everything off the front.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Need to know what year. If I'm not mistaken the earlier models have a separate rear heater core and a/c evap, while the newer ones duct everything off the front.
It’s a 2007 tech and entertainment package

·
Registered
707 Posts
The 2nd Gen has a rear heater core, so several possibilities. I assume the fan is working? If that's the case you could have a plugged rear heater core, a failed hot water valve not allowing flow to the core, or a failed mix door not allowing air to flow through the rear heater core. Maybe another thing or two I'm not thinking of.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
It’s a 2007 tech and entertainment package
Second Gen MDX has a separate rear heater/evaporator. It's weird that it's blowing cold air when the front is blowing hot and not the other way around, which would be an indicator of a potential problem with the blocked/non spinning fan, for example.

Could it be the rear climate controller that has gone bad? Do you have anyone with a Second gen MDX 2007-2009 to try and swap the module (it's pretty fast and simple) and see if that works?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think ill check any fuses otherwise im gonna take it apart and check. unfortunately i dont have anyone else with a mdx i could swap it with

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The 2nd Gen has a rear heater core, so several possibilities. I assume the fan is working? If that's the case you could have a plugged rear heater core, a failed hot water valve not allowing flow to the core, or a failed mix door not allowing air to flow through the rear heater core. Maybe another thing or two I'm not thinking of.
i had to change my radiator the other day but this problem has been happening before that

1 - 8 of 8 Posts