Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought this 2012 MDX a week ago, and noticed for the first time that the rear blower motor doesn't appear to be working. The screen shows the fan blowing at full speed, but it's not running.

I checked the under hood fuse, and it looked good. That was my first time dealing with a weird fuse bank like that held down by the Phillips head screw.

Any other places I should check before I take out the blower motor. Hopefully this thing isn't actually dead after 90k miles...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Doing some research, it appears that the rear transistor/resistor on the first gen MDX was a common failure. Is this also common on the second gen as well?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone sell a good repair manual for the 2nd gen MDX? I don't want to go on an Easter egg hunt looking for this thing.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Anyone sell a good repair manual for the 2nd gen MDX? I don't want to go on an Easter egg hunt looking for this thing.

You could try here, I think someone else bought the CD and pictures are not very clear.
Welcome to Bishko Books | Shop Manuals

Nothing like the originals from Acura but not cheap.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.