Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 MDX and just noticed that the Rear AC system doesn't work at all. No fan, no cooling, nada. Is there something common that causes that in that model, or is there a troubleshooting scheme to follow? I have about 180k miles and everything else seems to work fine.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Search the forum for this same problem. There are pictures and how to test.

You might need a blower motor resistor but should check fuses and test the blower motor first.

There’s also dust screen adjacent to the resistor that most likely will need to be cleaned by vacuuming it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have a 2006 MDX and just noticed that the Rear AC system doesn't work at all. No fan, no cooling, nada. Is there something common that causes that in that model, or is there a troubleshooting scheme to follow? I have about 180k miles and everything else seems to work fine.
Ditto on the rear blower motor resistor. I replaced mine with a $20 aftermarket part off of amazon and it came back to life right away. I also had to replace the rear fan, but that was a separate unrelated issue. If you should need to do the same, there is a $40 replacement part, rather than the $350 stock part.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Search the forum for this same problem. There are pictures and how to test.

You might need a blower motor resistor but should check fuses and test the blower motor first.

There’s also dust screen adjacent to the resistor that most likely will need to be cleaned by vacuuming it.
Thanks! I did try to seach, but couldn't get he right combination of words to narrow it down. I'll try again. Good info. Joe

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ditto on the rear blower motor resistor. I replaced mine with a $20 aftermarket part off of amazon and it came back to life right away. I also had to replace the rear fan, but that was a separate unrelated issue. If you should need to do the same, there is a $40 replacement part, rather than the $350 stock part.
Thank you, Good info. I'll look for a manual or that post that was previously mentioned to find some pictures and diagrams of where these items are. I appreciate y'alls help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts