Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 Acura MDX.

Took it in for some warranty work and they want me to spend $89 to get the rear A/C mesh filter cleaned. I did some googling and found that is a "thing" that needs to be done, but I have yet to find any instructions on how to do it. Most of the instructions I saw were for 1st gen and were somewhat incomplete.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Please note: I am NOT talking about the cabin filter. This is mesh screen that apparently filters particulate from the air going to the rear vents. Supposedly, you just have to wash it off. On 1st gen, the access panel is on the drivers side console near the floor. 2nd gen, I'm not sure.

TIA,
Craig C.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I do believe it is in the same location on the 2nd gen as well. I will verify next time I am working on the vehicle.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Basically you need to pop the Passenger side Center Console cover (Its all pressure clips)
1.- Move the passenger seat to the top rear position
2.- Grab the center console side cover starting from the front and work your way to the back (Pop it off gently)
3.- You wont be able to remove the side cover completely because there is a bolt that the seat covers BUT you can move it aside to see the Rear A/C Mesh Cover..
4.- Use a vacuum cleaner to clean the mesh.
5.- Reverse install of the side cover.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I followed the directions above on a 2007 MDX (192K miles).
See pics:
1. Panel pulled back. Had to pull firmly. Clips are at the top and bottom.
2. Completely covered with "dryer lint". (Bonus: found a handful of almonds too.)
3. I scraped a little away with my finger to show the difference.
4. After vacuuming. (I used compressed air after that.)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
The difference is amazing right? Since I bought mine Used I thought that was the "Performance" it has but my god after you clean it its like a hurricane in the back vents, Its very powerful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts