Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2017 MDX SH-AWD Tech
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 SH-AWD w/Tech and an iPhone 8. Text message notifications pop-up on the upper screen and I read in the manual it's able to "read" the text messages to you. Won't allow you to read the messages unless the transmission is in park. There's no option for this on the Phone Settings Menu as the owner's manual stated. I searched the forum for a solution but didn't get anything to solve the issue. Any ideas? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I think you have add Carplay or go with the +18 MDXs with carplay. Siri does an excellent job reading and dictating my responses on the go.

·
Registered
279 Posts
You can have Siri read you your text using the steering wheel controls, but you must wake your phone up first. My last car, a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, you could use voice control to have the car read you your text, even when you were moving. Could also read your e-mails.

·
Registered
160 Posts
interesting. we have android phones. On our 2019 when a text message comes in the nave display has read message or ignore come up. selecting read even when moving then read the message outloud

·
Registered
2017 MDX SH-AWD Tech
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wait…I can add Carplay? Please explain how to do this.

I’ll try the Siri method as well. I’ll check with my dealer on why the “read” option isn’t on my screen.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
If you wanted to add Carplay to your 2017 with Navtool:

·
Registered
2017 MDX SH-AWD Tech
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for posting the link...awfully expensive!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts