Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
re: Unlimited Potential!!!

Hey bretheren!

Look what is graced on the front page of the Tire Rack site!!!!?!?!? An awesome RR MDX on 20's!!! Gotta love it!

Keep MDXin' Fellas!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Those a very nice:4: Understated but classy...

·
Registered
715 Posts
dubbed, I caught that too a few weeks ago...just found your post.....still haven't pulled the trigger yet on my Milles and Scorpions......sigh!

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Improved Performance?

Is "Improved Performance" accurate?

I thought that 20's made the ride rougher and created a rubbing problem on tight turns.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Re: Improved Performance?

BaldEagle said:
Is "Improved Performance" accurate?

I thought that 20's made the ride rougher and created a rubbing problem on tight turns.
The rubbing depends on offset of wheel, there may be dubs that won't smack into anything.

The "improved performance" is a function of sidewall flex. There are probably a dozen factorws that effect the "max g" you can pull on skidpad. One of them is sidewall flex. As flex goes down, POTENTIAL for higher g is increased. Of course, you are correct -- the flex gives ride comfort, isolating you from the road. Even compare the ride of a bicycle set up for time trails with 13 mm tires to a boardwalk cruiser bike with 95 mm tires -- you butt-o-meter will not be happy. Now, the MDX has lots better suspension damping than any bicycle, but you will definately not want dubs if ride comfort is high on your list.

Also realize that dubs are basically a death sentence in ANY offroad situation...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Those look tough ... but would look even better in chrome... IMHO.
Ooohweee... to fellow Dubbers. Looks like everyone wants in now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts