Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
re: lack luster?

Hey guys,

I've had my baby since july 01 and i love it! The reason that i write today is to ask my fellow mdxer's if their cars are lacking that luster? I hand wash my car app 3 - 4 times a week. Wax and detail it, so far every 3 - 4 months (before and after season changes). It just seems that I can never keep that show room shine for too long. My car is daily driven so dust accumulation does play a role. Some friends say that the my car's always clean, and then some same it's starting to lack luster!!! I'm tryin to get my hands on some Zaino so hopefully that will sooth the soul! I'm jus curious if i'm the only one or if others out there have had the same feelings!!?!?!?

Keep MDXin' guys!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Looks good in the pic -- hard to compete with those wheels, tho, IMO :)

If you're using a carnauba wax, they typically will break down after 6-8 weeks (best case)...faster in the heat. And with washes that frequent...well...

What brand(s) are you using for wash and wax?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
re: wash and wax

Hey Worm,

Thanks for the input. I think you're right it does break down quickly. I've waxed my car three times the 9 months that i've had it. I've used, Zymol, Finish First, and Maguiers. I also used Express Shine every now and then. It's really hard to keep all that dust off the car when it's a daily driven car... That's one of things I love about the MDX. It's a awesome car but you don't feel guilty about driving it everyday; unlike owning a G500 or a BMW 4.6is - I'd think twice about putting on all those miles on 80K plus cars.

I've located a local dealer that stocks Zaino. I'm really looking forward to that Zaino shine!!! I'll post pics when I do!

Thanks again!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Well, those are good products, but even the best carnaubas aren't gonna hold up to a daily driver w/weather and frequent washes. I think you'll get better longevity out of a polymer like Zaino or Klasse.

Don't forget to strip what's left of the old wax by washing w/Dawn (blue best). You'll know it's stripped when the water sheets rather than beads.

Good luck!

(BTW - it might be the lighting or the jpg compression, but your front bumper looks darker than the rest of the car...:confused: )

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
re: front bumper!

Worm,

yeah you're right!!! man, you make me want to run out to the car and check! lol. Thanks for the advice on the Zaino. Do you also recommend the clay bar?

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Yep on the claybar :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts