Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 MDX both Road Departure Mitigation and Lane Keeping Assist System not working. I have the dashed lines but they never turn solid. Also have green led on for the run. I cleaned the windshield and tested the system throughly. It worked once but that was all. We just bought it a week ago with 52,000 miles. Am I missing something before I head to the dealership?

Thank you.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Make sure you are not using it during raining and if the white line is not clear on road, it's hard for the system to pick up.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Make sure you are not using it during raining and if the white line is not clear on road, it's hard for the system to pick up.

I tried on four different highways. And no work still. And no rain.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Then something just be off, plus it doesn't throw any code, dealer is your only option.

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX SH-AWD TECH
38 Posts
Please keep in mind that Lane Keep Assist (LKAS) only starts tracking between 45 - 90 mph. It may be turned ON but only become ENABLED once in this speed range. Check Acura website for details for all features on your 2017 X.

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
on my 2019 LKAS has two modes: The default (at least on mine) just gives you feedback in the steering wheel when it detects you going out of a lane. For it to actually try to keep you in the lane you must enable the function with the switch on the steering wheel Lower right.

·
Registered
676 Posts
As with anything electronic check fuses, but I would think even a blown fuse would throw up an error.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I read all manuals and watched several YouTube videos. I am guessing the dealership is next. Thank you all for your replies.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Will do. When we bought it they did not mention it had an aftermarket windshield. They are going to start with replacing the windshield with an OEM.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Will do. When we bought it they did not mention it had an aftermarket windshield. They are going to start with replacing the windshield with an OEM.
Yup, same thing happened to me when I bought my CPO 2017! When I was test driving the vehicle the camera was obstructed by the big "reduced price!" sticker the dealership had put on the windshield. Having driven many MDXs before, I knew how the system worked so I didn't feel the need to ask them to take it off for the test drive. Should have. As soon as I drove it off the lot the LKAS was actively steering the car over the left lane marker... the exact opposite of lane keeping. Took it right back to the dealer but there were no error codes or warning lights, but when they tried to recalibrate the camera they couldn't because it was aftermarket glass. Luckily they agreed to replace it with OEM without me having to complain.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts