Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

We have sent out many bulbs and some of you should've recieved them. So what do you think? Oh, make sure you don't touch the glass part when you put them in..

Bad news on the yellow Piaa 9006... my friend came back from Hong Kong, he couldn't find any there.

I will keep trying to see if I can get a hold of some...

Ron

·
Registered
928 Posts
Yellow PIAA

:(:(:(

Ohhhhhh...man ?!
I'm sad.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Razo Lights

Just installed my Razo lights and must say they exceeded my expectations by a wide margin! The stock lights looked like they were dim in comparison. I felt compelled to replace all my stock lights with the Razo lights. Thanks to Ron at Motorsports for putting this together.

Rick

·
Registered
928 Posts
ron said:
Hello everyone,

We have sent out many bulbs and some of you should've recieved them. So what do you think? Oh, make sure you don't touch the glass part when you put them in..

Bad news on the yellow Piaa 9006... my friend came back from Hong Kong, he couldn't find any there.

Ron
Ron: Is there any hope at all in getting these PIAA yellow ion bulbs or should I get a different brand? If so, which brand?

Hmmmmmmmm.......................

I really want the best !
And I want a nice deep dark yellow color.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A4L,

I am not sure what color they are. But I know Piaa and Raybrig(Stanley) have yellow 9006 available in Japan. I am sure there are others too but those are the brand that I am familiar with.

I will keep you guys posted..

Ron

·
Registered
39 Posts
Aw man, I was hoping to get some PIAA yellows for my fogs. We need someone in Canada to hook us up from that Internet store that only takes Canadian money orders.

Thanks for trying Ron, maybe I should take a trip myself to Hong Kong :D

I am glad that everybody likes their Razo bulbs.

·
Registered
928 Posts
AcuraTL: I'm with you buddy ! Maybe someone can hook us up !

Keep us informed Ron.

·
Registered
282 Posts
piaa 9006

If your friend was looking for the japanese piaa for the 9006 designation he won't find it, he will find an HB4 however which is exactly the same as a 9006. I know of a shop here in the SF Bay Area that can get them, I think they even have in on stock but they cost a lot, add some more and you could get the HID conversion for a little more.
Also check Raybrig spec R light bulbs they're brighter than the PIAA.

·
Registered
928 Posts
XtremeMdx: Are the Raybrig spec R light bulbs yellow?
Where(website, store)?
How much?

Thanx bro' !

·
Registered
282 Posts
Raybrig light bulbs

the spec r are superwhites but I do think that Raybrig does carry a bright yellow bulb for foglights have to check for HB4 or 9006 fitments though, I'll find out some info on some super yellow lights for you guys, Raybrig is one of the leading aftermarket light suppliers for Japanese race cars, probably familliar with the Raybrig NSX ( Gran Turismo for Playstation) Raybrig is probably the direct competitor for PIAA, which I have used in my prior vehicles which I absolutely liked a lot, I am not trying to push the Raybrigs to anyone I'm just throwing other options at you guys. See the lighting options also:
yellow light bulbs: PIAAS, Raybrig, Catz, Razo, Hiper Industries --- Super Whites(HID look alikes)PIAA, Raybrig, Catz, APC, Razo, Hiper Industries. Some even offer upgrade wiring harnesses and light ouput amlifiers to increase light output. I'll get the information for you by next week on your super yellows!!!!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
got mine

ron said:
Hello everyone,

Ron
RON,
Thanks a lot for the quick shipment of my lights.I installed them last night for about 3 minutes an got to test them tonight. EXCELLENT alternative to HIDs! ,since Acura went cheap on us MDX owners by not putting the real thing. Anyway, I dont care if I have the "me-too Xenons" or "wannabe HIDs" I just think that the performance of these Razos are great and "they're really cool". BTW, after installing these bulbs I dont want to turn on my fog lights anymore coz they look too yellowish:)
Thanks again, Ron.

·
Registered
71 Posts
RON,
Thanks a lot for the quick shipment of my lights.I installed them last night for about 3
minutes an got to test them tonight. EXCELLENT alternative to HIDs! ,since Acura went
cheap on us MDX owners by not putting the real thing. Anyway, I dont care if I have the
"me-too Xenons" or "wannabe HIDs" I just think that the performance of these Razos
are great and "they're really cool". BTW, after installing these bulbs I dont want to turn
on my fog lights anymore coz they look too yellowish
Thanks again, Ron.
Same feelings here. Although it took a little longer than expected, the wait for the Razos was worth it, just like the MDX! It was a snap to put them in (thanks A4L!). And since I actually drove in front of the MDX in another car, I would say that the Razos are actually less glaring than regular lights from other cars! All in all, a great bulb at a great price, thanks to Ron.

-t

·
Registered
928 Posts
Re: got mine

MDXtasy said:
ron said:
Hello everyone,

Ron
RON,
Thanks a lot for the quick shipment of my lights.I installed them last night for about 3 minutes an got to test them tonight. EXCELLENT alternative to HIDs! ,since Acura went cheap on us MDX owners by not putting the real thing. Anyway, I dont care if I have the "me-too Xenons" or "wannabe HIDs" I just think that the performance of these Razos are great and "they're really cool". BTW, after installing these bulbs I dont want to turn on my fog lights anymore coz they look too yellowish:)
Thanks again, Ron.
I agree, that's why I want to get Yellow fog light bulbs soon, because I hate the way the stock foglight bulbs look with the Razos.

Thanx for all the help XtremeMDX, your help is greatly appreciated !!!!

(FYI: I'm looking for a yellow bulb that is a nice deep/dark color yellow or amber. Hmmmmmmmmm.....)

:D

·
Registered
282 Posts
yellow light bulbs

A4L,
Check out NOPI.com or grab a copy of Super Street, Sport Compact Car or Velocity (Honda and Acura Mag) or any other Import car Mags in your local store. Check out the page for lighting equipment. They adverstise show light bulbs that are Xenon filled and come in the 9006 fitments. They also come in different colors but might be illegal and for offroad use only like blue, purple and green. They also carry the HID light for about $ 500.00. They also feature most of the major brand including PIAA, Hiper Ind.(Super Plazma Xenon, Plazma Xenon Blue),Razo(Pure White, Premium White), Catz(Hyper Gold, Rev White, Chormium Blue, Ice Green, Ice Purple, Ice Red),APC.(Ice Gold, Ice Blue)Color light bulbs also carried in fitments for 880,881,889,893,9004,9005,9006,9007,H1,H3,H4,H7 . This is car parts heaven for sport compacts or trucks they carry every part imaginable, so check it out.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
oh no...

I deeply hope that MDX's DO NOT become the "ricers" of SUV's... I hate the "giant coffe can exhaust" and "giant Top Fuel wing" look that plaques what are otherwise some pretty decent vehicles.

I really hope that I never see an MDX with "color" headlight EVER, not in a magazine, not in a car show <h1> NEVER </h1>...

p.s. I don't think Acura "went cheap" by not including HID lights. I think there was too little time to spec and source HID lights, design the high-beams and flash-to-pass, design the fog lights AND get acceptable pricing on all. Acura did a darn good job getting the MDX to market as quick as they did. I do hope that HID are factory available soon, but I don't beleive it is a major priority for the factory...

·
Registered
282 Posts
ANOTHER WEBSITE TO CHECK OUT.

HEY GUYS CHECK OUT THIS WEBSITE YOU MIGHT FIND THE YELLOW LIGHTS YOU ARE LOOKING FOR. THIS SITE ALSO HAS XENON-FILLED YELLOW LIGHT BULBS IN 9006/HB4 FITMENTS. TRY THEM OUT I HEARD THEY ARE A CLEARER BRIGHTER YELLOW. THEY MIGHT ALSO HAVE THE ION YELLOW PIAAS THAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR.
WEBSITE FOR SH MOTORSPORT: http://www.SHMOTORSPORT.COM

·
Registered
18 Posts
Why MD-X doesn't have HID

MD-X doesn't have HID because Honda was concerned about puting 70% more glare in the eyes of oncoming drivers. I would be EXTREMELY suprised to see HID on any large vehicle (meaning any vehicle with a lamp height close to a Civic driver's eye point) from Honda.

This has nothing to do with development time. Also, understand that there were NO SUV's on the market with HID at the time that the MD-X made the decision (GMC Jimmy came out with HID option about a year after MD-X had to decide about it).

AM

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
glare...

I know that the "negative" aspects of increased light output can be controlled in several ways. The first is through reflector design. If I wanted to I could mount a light literally right on the dash looking forward and with a well designed reflector there would be no glare to oncoming traffic. Similarly I could use a focused projector set-up and limit glare significantly. Finally I could use a variety of coatings, including polarization, to filter glare out.

I believe that Acura/Honda will use HID lights in many/all platforms in time...

Whether that happens before 2004 for the MDX is something that is probably on a chart on the wall in someone's office in Hamamatsu, Japan...

·
Registered
282 Posts
MDX Ricer!!!!

Don't worry about that. Who ever puts bazooka mufflers on their MDX to shoot grapefruits out of it would be dealt with. LOL. There are performance mods for SUV that does not transform them into ricers. A freer flowing exhaust and header designed well like from Comptech as seen on the TL and CL does not produce any significant louder sound than stock. Most mufflers do not have to be of the grapefruit bazooka type. Assuming that any of us would actually put in color light bulbs in hues of purple, blue, and green was a little far fethced. I don't think you have to worry about that. As you said it will NEVER< NEVER < NEVER happen!!!! I was assuming people would be interested in the other colors like ion yellow, ice white, euro-white, Xenon-yellow, you know the regular colors. The only time my MDX will be a ricer is when I actally buy rice for dinner. HEH HEH .

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
About this Discussion
41 Replies
21 Participants
mystMDX
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing