Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is driving me crazy. Everytime I close one of the doors I hear a rattling noise from the rear of the vehicle. No problems like this registered in the problem registry. Any thoughts or similar problems?:confused:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Rattle When Closing Door

I have the same noise. I think it is the air outlet located behind the rear bumper. It has flaps like the dryer outlet on the side of a house.

If not that it's maybe the rear plate.

:1:

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Wow, jhette...good call...even the vets never remember that one. Kinda a whoopie cushion valve (hmm, no animated smiley for that).

I think the test would be to crack a window a couple of inches to see if the rattle/sound disappears or is diminished, since it's an air pressure deal...

·
Registered
616 Posts
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Out-and-About
At first, I assumed it was the license plate as well...

Then, I removed the plate and the plate frame and tried again. Same sound.

I just asked my Acura service department about this issue, and they stated that there is a flap under the vehicle that opens to release air from the cabin. I thought that was a rather strange answer, but perhaps it's true...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://acuramdx.phpwebhosting.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=3142

1 - 4 of 4 Posts