Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought this car - and it's great. Previously owned two MDX Technos (2014 and 2016).

One problem: over slightly rough pavement I'm getting annoying little rattles that seem to be coming from the rear window shades. Anyone else have this problem and how did you fix it?

My Technos had a similar rattle from the right A pillar. Sounded like it came from the small speaker there, and I fixed it by stuffing card between the pillar trim and the upper dash! Acura seems to have fixed that on the 2017. Or am I hearing the rattle from the wrong direction?

Minor issue, but thanks in advance to anyone who can shed light (or noise!) on this.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have a rattle or two in mine as well. One is coming from the overhead console and the other is in the steering column somewhere. I’ll have the service dept check them out when I drop it off for service.

As @carli123 said, the cargo cover will rattle on occasion as well. My salesperson warned me about the cargo cover though so I was expecting it. It’s not bad but I can hear it every once in awhile.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone. No I don't have the cargo cover - tho I do have a dog barrier in place but I've been able to eliminate that as a source of the rattles. Also, I was trying to find a solution before going to the Dealer - don't fancy them taking off the door trim if I can avoid it. But that will be the last resort!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts