Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

On my 2008 base MDX that I bought used a few months ago, there are random lights in the interior that don't turn on and it has me stumped. The lights that don't work are the blue ambient lighting (around the floor area and in the roof console), the shift pattern backlight next to the shifter, and the backlighting for the climate control. I assumed they were possibly all on one fuse but none of the fuses I checked appeared blown. To make this even stranger, on one occassion, I turned the lights to the auto setting while it was still daylight outside. When it got dark enough to trigger the lights to come on, all of these lights actually turned on (this is actually the first time I knew there was blue ambient lighting in the car). This also leads me to believe it couldn't be a fuse. I know it's a long shot but I didn't if someone has had any of these symptoms. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Wes

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If anyone ever runs into this like I did and you find that the fuse is good, check the relay. It's one of the two relays grouped together on the driver side of the secondary under-hood fuse box. It's actually the one closer to the front of the car. It's made by Omron and it's part# G8HL-H71

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did that end up taking care of the issue for you?

Nick C.
Yep. I swapped the relay for illumination for the one with the fog lights (which is right next to it and are the same exact relay) and the interior lights that wouldn't turn on before, turned on. When swapped back, they wouldn't turn on anymore. Simple and cheap fix.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The center push buttons don't light up, example nav,phone,settings,info, back etc all those buttons at night don’t light up, I think there were floor accent lights too, they don't light up either nor do the letters on the shifter

1 - 10 of 10 Posts